Chapter 42

**A/N: Uh oh, Beowulf... naughty naughty boy. ;D COMMENT what you think when Beowulf does something naughty in this chapter!! DO EEEETTTTTTTT! Please?**

**A/N: The ending kind of gets all touchy feely and we experience some bipolarisim... what do you expect from a bad bad Beowulf though? Poor baby, I feel sorry for him even though I did this to him myself.**

**Beowulf**

After Newbie ran upstairs to get me a clean pair of boxes and pants of his for me I quickly changed and then we finally got the food his dad wanted. Of course his dad asked what took us so long and asked if we did get lost in the bomb shelter. I nervously smiled and told him that I got a little excited about being in one, which wasn't a lie at all, I did get excited about being in a real bomb shelter, I just got excited about Ridge as well.

Now we currently sit around a campfire eating smoked ham that they actually cooked over a spit. I never knew how good ham could be until it was cooked over an open fire to perfection. I don't even care how much I eat tonight really, I just can't get over how good these people cook. We even have people roasting marshmallows and making s'mores, leaving the winter night air to smell like fire, burning logs, ham, and s'mores.

I laugh as Newbie drops his freshly roasted marshmallow into the dirty snow that has been tromped on by so many feet that you can see the frozen dirt peeking through. I laugh even harden when I see his priceless face. His eyes are wide and mouth is wide open as it quivers looking like he wants to cry.

"Ugh!" He cries out. "Dammit, I give up!"

"Wasn't that your fourth one you dropped?" I tease him.

He snaps his head to me to glare at me. "So,"

"You obviously don't know how to make a proper s'more," I laugh.

"Oh yeah? You think you could make one?" He glares at me.

"I know I can," I say confidently. "Watch and learn, kid,"

"Kid?" He asks with a raised eyebrow. "I'm older than you,"

"By a month, now shut up and learn," I say as I take the marshmallow poker from him and stab a fat marshmallow onto it.

Newbie watches me closely as I roast the marshmallow and get the chocolate ready on the graham cracker. Once I feel the marshmallow is cooked thoroughly I gently place it on top of the chocolate and place the other graham cracker on top before I successfully slide the sticky marshmallow off the poker. I inspect the s'more before I hand it over to Newbie who sits right next to me on a log.

"Here, try this," I say. Right before Newbie takes it from me I snatch my hand back and chomp down onto the sugary goodness that is so bad for me. "Psych," I mumble around the hot marshmallow and melting chocolate.

Newbie's jaw practically touches the ground while someone laughs at us. I glance my eyes to see the kid from the kitchen earlier, I believe Newbie called him Milo. He laughs at Newbie's face and I smile at him, no doubt there is s'more all over my teeth as he laughs even harder.

After chewing the s'more and swallowing it I turn to the kid and motion him over, he slowly makes his way over to sit next to me.

"Want a s'more, kid?" I ask him as I place my half eaten s'more on my knee and shove two more marshmallows onto the poker.

"Are you going to steal it back?" He laughs.

I shake my head as I keep my eyes on the roasting marshmallows, the little bugger's burn so easily if you don't watch them. "Nah, only to Newbie,"