Chapter 26

**Ridge**

"Do you need a ride home now?" I ask Beowulf as we stand in the men's locker rooms.

"Ugh," Beowulf groans. "Unfortunately yeah,"

"I can give you a ride home if you want," I offer. I would be more than happy to give him a ride.

"Can you believe she took my baby away from me?" He scowls. I know he is talking about his truck yet my heart still jumps with jealousy. Will I ever be his 'baby'?

"What even happened?" I ask yet again, this has to be my fourth time asking him, I don't know why he doesn't just tell me already.

"Ugh," Beowulf groans as the bell rings signaling the end of the school day. "I ran into him this morning and he called me gay and a cocksucker," My heart jumps in my chest again. "I don't even know if I'm gay." He turns to look at me. "Am I gay now?"

Since Beowulf is my mate and I am a male that would mean that Beowulf is gay as well. I'm not sure how well Beowulf will take all this mate information in, that's why I'm taking things slow for now.

"I hope so," I finally say. Beowulf stares at me as he thinks, I can practically see the thoughts turning in his head. "I already told you, Beowulf, I really like you. I want to see where dating can get us, who knows, maybe we are meant to be."

"Do you really believe in all that meant to be shit?" He asks as we walk down the crowded hallways.

"Yes," I simply say. As a werewolf 'meant to be' is a real thing. "I do believe that two people can be meant for each other,"

"Really?"

I chuckle as I drag him out the Exit and to the parking lot. "Come on,"

Beowulf actually willingly gets in my truck this time. I smile to myself as he buckles up his seatbelt.

"So, right now might be a terrible time, but my mom wants you to come over for dinner," I say as I chew on my bottom lip.

"She knows about me?" He asks with wide eyes, obviously he is not yet comfortable with the idea of being gay, or maybe it's the openly gay part that gets to him.

"Not that we kissed, but she does know that I like you, plus she wants to meet my new friend who I keep hanging out with,"

I can hear him gulp as I pull out of the parking lot. "She knows you like me?"

"I'm open with my parents, Beowulf,"

"So they know you're gay?"

Well, newly gay, but I can't tell him that or else he might think that I'm going through some phase or something. I need him to trust me.

"Yes," I confirmed my mate was a male to dad, and he doesn't keep anything from mom so I'm pretty positive he clarified to her too that Annie Jo was telling the truth. "Plus, my baby sister wants to meet you,"

"You have a sister?" He asks with wide eyes, I forgot he is an only child.

"Yeah, she'll be six in January," I say with a smile. "Just like I turn eighteen in January,"

"January," He says to himself. "I'll have to remember that,"

"So, if I throw a party will you come?" I ask hopeful.

I catch Beowulf's smile before he quickly changes to chewing on his bottom lip.

"I don't know, if Niles finds out your having a party he is sure to invite himself," He says with a small chuckle.