Chapter 30

**A/N: I thought the picture was cute. :D**

**Beowulf**

English Literature seemed to drag on forever as I stared at the clock and counted down the minutes for lunch. I thought about what happened between Niles and me and decided that Niles had his reasons to keep his alone time to himself. It doesn't matter that I somehow just figured he was sexually active. I was just worried and I shouldn't have blown up on him like I did.

"Make sure to read the chapter tonight and take some notes on it." Mrs. Hepburn says as I count the twenty seconds left until the bell. I have already packed up and have my books ready in my arms.

I need to apologize to Niles as soon as possible. Niles and I have never been mad at each other this long. Usually we would find each other between break and work things out, but I couldn't find Niles anywhere during breaks.

I jump from my seat two seconds before the bell rings. Mrs. Hepburn glares at me as I run out the door and to my locker. People jump out of the way as I literally run past them to my locker. I don't even say hello back to the kid whose locker is two away from mine as I shove everything in mine.

I don't wait for Newbie to show up at my locker as I run to the cafeteria. Only a few people are in lines in the cafeteria as I look around for Niles but don't see him. Where the hell is he?

"Okay," I say to myself. "Calm down, Wulf,"

The bell has just rung, so he's probably just putting his stuff away in his locker right now. I slow down to a walk and plop down at our usual table. I watch the doors and scan every single person who walks into the cafeteria.

By the time Newbie and his friend Aviya walk in I know something is wrong. Newbie must have been waiting at my locker since he came in so late. He smiles when he sees me and makes his way to our table.

"Hey, I waited for you but you never came to your locker," He chuckles as he sits down next to me. Aviya sitting across from us both, right next to where Niles would be.

"Yeah, I was one of the first people in here," I reply as I continue to watch the doors.

"Did he not show yet?" He asks me.

I shake my head before sighing and looking at him. "No, and he never skips lunch, never," I put emphasis on the word 'never'. "Niles would do anything for food."

"Maybe he's running late," Newbie offers.

I shake my head no. "Not this late, even if a teacher held him after."

"Maybe he went home," Aviya chips in.

I turn my attention to Aviya. "Why would he go home?" My eyes widen before I look at Newbie again. "Did I piss him off that bad?"

Newbie shrugs his shoulders. "Maybe he just needed to cool off,"

"Fuck," I hiss as I fish out my phone from my pocket. "I'm just gonna text him to make sure he's okay."

I find Niles name in my recent contacts and shoot him a quick text asking where he is and that I want to apologize. Hopefully he'll text me back or show up. It's lame to send an apology over text, that's something that should be done in person. Just like a breakup should be done in person, not by some fucked up breakup text.

"If I had my baby I could swing by his place after training, but no, my mom thought that would be the perfect thing to take away from me. Why couldn't she take my phone or T.V away instead?" I grumble.

"I thought you don't watch T.V?" Newbie asks.

"I don't, but she doesn't know that," I say before I notice he still hasn't gotten any food. "Aren't you going to get some lunch?"