Chapter 36

**Ridge**

Christmas. Christmas is my favorite holiday for many reasons.

One: Waking up to the bustling noise of young excited children screaming that Santa came as they run up and down the hallways and stairs waking everyone up.

Two: The smell of baking. So much baking that it smells like a giant bakery, along with enough Gingerbread men and houses to make the place look as well as smell like the old woman who created the original Gingerbread man. I've always wondered if one day someone would bake a gingerbread man who will escape from the oven and run away as fast as he can.

Three: The twinkling colorful lights that decorate the house and gigantic Christmas tree that is so big and tall that it touches the ceiling. Even the tree has the woodsy scent that lingers on it from being freshly chopped down just days before. Along with seeing all the presents that the parents stack under the tree and scatter around the living room.

Four: The merry laughter and chatter of everyone. The hanging out with friends and spending quality time with family on this special day. Thanksgiving we spend quality time, but only around the dinner table, but on Christmas we spend all day together making it even more special.

Five: The food. Every year we have ten families help out with the cooking, every year we have different families so we never know what we are getting for dinner until it is time to eat. It is traditional that we have some type of exotic dish for either a main course or dessert. My favorite desserts just so happened to be when I was fifteen and we had Baked Alaska and Krumkake, who knew Norwegian desserts could be so delicious (I sure didn't until I tried the Krumkake)?

**A/N: Baked Alaska is not a Norwegian dessert, but Krumkake is (pronounced Crume-Cock-Caw). Krumkake is hard to describe so if you are curious as to what it is you can look it up. :D You really should try Krumkake though, it is AMAZING, it is awesome just plain or even with a light coating of confections surgar, UGH . It is almost like a waffle cone, but it's not... does that make sense?**

**A/N: Above is a picture or Krumkake**

Six: Presents man. Who doesn't love presents? Waking up and receiving presents left and right just because people are in a giving mood, yeah that's awesome if you ask me. Besides, I love to give out presents as well. I love the happy look on people's faces when I hand out a present to them, especially if it happens to be something they just so happened to ask for.

Seven: Holiday sweaters. I'm pretty sure the amount of holiday sweaters that we wear on Christmas we could build our very own sweater store and be in business for years, especially when we never wear the same sweater twice. 

Eight: Our traditional bonfire that we have as well as nightly run. We all sit around the bonfire for hours pigging out on S'mores, telling stories, and just overall having a great time. Then the older kids who can shift all go out on a run with their dads, or moms, and have more family time. My mom and dad take turns each year running with me, after all, someone has to stay behind and keep Jojo company.