Chapter 18

**Guys, why am I listening to 5SOS?? Above is 5SOS "Out Of my Limit"**

**Ridge**

It's 11:30 yet all I can do is just stare at my phone as I tap my nails on my desk.

"Come on, Ridge, stop being a wuss and just call him already." I say out loud to myself.

I take a deep breath a pick up my phone only to bite my lip and set the phone back down.

"Dammit." I scold myself. "You're acting like a teenage girl, Ridge," I growl at myself. "Just pick up the damn phone and call him. It's as easy as that."

I take another deep breath before picking up the phone and dialing his number quickly before I could chicken out again. My heart leaps in my chest as it starts to ring. One ring, two, three, four, oh god, what if he doesn't want to talk to me?

"Hello? Beowulf's phone," A woman asks through the speaker. A woman? Why is there a woman answering Beowulf's phone?

"Hello?" I ask unsure. What if he found a girlfriend? My wolf and I both whimper at the thought.

"Who is this?" The woman asks.

"Ridge," I say. "Who is this?"

"Oh, I'm sorry, I'm Kaylene, Beo's mother." My eyes widen in realization and I chuckle to myself. Now her voice sounds familiar from the last time I talked to her on the phone.

"Well hello, Kaylene, I'm Ridge, Beowulf's friend." I chuckle into the speaker.

"Ridge?" She asks. "Were you the one my son spent his night with last night?"

"That would be me." I say with a grin.

"Well, let me just thank you for getting him out of the house." She has a cheerful voice and it makes me happy. "Beo was in need of friend time, it's not healthy for him to just spend his time Boxing and working out. Besides, ever since his cousin got here he has been locking himself away in his room."

I have to suppress the growl from rumbling up my chest at the mention of Braider. If I see that bastard I will kill him for hurting my mate.

"Yeah, Beowulf told me about him," I can't even say the bastard's name.

"Well, Braider's not here right now so Beowulf's just downstairs working out like always." I smile at the mention of Beowulf working out. I like that my mate likes to keep healthy.

"Hey, you're his mom," I say suddenly.

I hear Kaylene laugh on the other line, her laugh is a beautiful singsong laugh. "Yes, I am his mother,"

"Cool, so I wanted to meet you anyway, but Beowulf wouldn't let me yesterday," I pout.

"Oh, so you do want to meet me huh," She says. "And here I was thinking Beo's friends didn't want to."

"I definitely want to. I need to meet the woman who raised him into such a cool guy."

"Well, he definitely got his coolness from me," Kaylene says and I can hear the smile in her voice.

"I don't know, I'd have to meet you in person in order to judge that for myself." Maybe she'll take the hint.

"Well why don't you come over and you can judge me in person?"

I do a quick happy dance before I clear my throat. "Are you sure? I mean you said Beowulf's working out, you sure he'll be fine with that?"

"Oh he won't mind, but I do have to warn you, he might be down there for a while."