Chapter 32

**Ridge**

My date with Beowulf went pretty well if I might say so myself. I didn't plan on making snow angels at some random playground, it just happened that way. I also didn't know it was going to snow on us. But I'm glad it did snow because Beowulf had a blast running around in it and making about a dozen different snow angels. He even drew halos and devil horns on some of them.

I'm also glad he liked Stacy's family restaurant. I was worried he wouldn't like it, but he ended up loving it, and Stacy seemed to love the idea of us being on a date. Since Stacy approved with our date it just made the whole night better. I really have known Stacy since she was a baby, and she is the little sister I never had, only she doesn't know about werewolves. My whole family, including James's family, all love the diner and Stacy. I mean, who wouldn't love the two of them? The food is great, the milkshakes are to die for, and Stacy has the bubbliest attitude around the whole city.

Now I just have to come up with our next date. I think our first date was perfect so now I have to come up with the next perfect date. I'm thinking next time I will take him out to some fancy dinner and make it all cliché. Maybe Jojo was right, a cute date, some flowers and chocolate, could all make him fall in love with me. I mean, Jojo is five years old, plus she's a girl. Don't five year olds know everything? And don't girls know what the perfect date would be? I should definitely ask Jojo to help with the date planning next time.

"Honey, how was your date last night? I heard you got in pretty late last night," My mother says as I lay on her and my father's bed eating a brownie. Yum, brownies are my favorite.

"Perfect. Just perfect," I say cheerfully.

"Really?" My mom laughs. "So he enjoyed it all?"

"I'm pretty sure he did," I say before taking another brownie from the plate next to me.

"What did you do anyway?" My mother laughs as she plucks a brownie from the plate for herself.

"I took him to the trampoline park, then we ate at Clonnie's Diner, had the best milkshakes on the planet, he really enjoyed the potato soup, and then we made snow angels in some random park." I say with the biggest smile on my face that it actually hurts my cheeks.

"Oh, honey, that sounds wonderful. What a sweet little first date."

"I thought so. But I'm going to ask Jojo to help with the date planning next time. I did promise she could help me pick out some flowers. And she's a girl, and five, so she should be able to come up with a good date for us."

My mom laughs around her brownie but quickly covers her mouth so none of it flies out of her mouth. She quickly swallows her sweet before smiling at me. "What a big brother you are. I'm sure many brothers wouldn't allow their five year old sister to plan their dates with their boyfriends." Her eyes widen. "Wait, you are boyfriends now, right?"

"Yep, made it official just yesterday," I say proudly.

"Oh, good, I was worried for a moment there. I was going to say, yesterday would have been the perfect opportunity to do it."

"Yeah, I didn't plan on asking him until after the date was over, but Beowulf ended up basically just saying it before we even got inside the trampoline park."

"He asked?"

"Not really, he just confirmed that he wanted to date me and then I asked just to make sure we were really dating," I say happily. "Mom, I can't believe were actually dating though. Next step is introducing him to my wolf, but I really don't want to rush him with that one even though my wolf is practically killing me with all his nagging."