Chapter 4 - A Royal Death

I put on my fighting gear and mind linked all my friends to let me know if any of them was still in the village. My friend Andy was the first and only friend to tell me she was still here. She was a total bad ass and wanted to kill her first vampire so she had stayed and no one had noticed because she was an orphan. She was 8 and told me a few of the other orphans had stayed because they wanted to watch the massacre of the vampires.

"Is Kira with you" I asked Andy urgently

"Yeah, she wouldn't leave though I begged her too, she's scared Kit." Andy replied hesitantly

"Tell her to come to my room now, I can help her and you. I need a favour that involves her getting out of harms way so you don't have to worry about her and she feels like she is playing a big factor in the war. So get her to my room please." I ordered Brooking no argument.

"She's on her way and errr.... Thanks Kit." She said shyly back

I smirked knowing she had a crush on me so I replied nicely "no worries."

One minute later Kira jumped up from the ground onto my balcony. I opened the door and let her inside. She looked around my room in awe. It was decorated beautifully in light blue and the ceiling was painted with clouds to look like the sky. I had a huge king size bed in the middle with white and gold sheets. She walked up to me and gave me a hug which I responded to, she was an inch shorter than me but it wasn't noticeable and had dirty blond hair which made it darker than mine. I pulled her back and said

"You remember how you told me you wanted to be a princess, well I'm offering you that chance right now. I need you to dress in all my clothes and pretend to be me, can you do that?" I asked kindly.

"Yeah, but there gonna know it's me not you when they see my face." She replied sceptically.

"I have a mask, that will cover your eyes and nose, when they ask why your wearing it just say your wearing it as a disguise in case the vampires recognise you." I said simply.

"Cool, can I pick what to wear?" She pleaded causing me to chuckle.

"Sure just make sure it covers most of you hair and body, okay." I said seriously

"Awesome!!" She squealed and disappeared into the room where all my clothes were. I continued to strap daggers to my thighs, not just ordinary daggers either. These daggers were spelled to specifically kill vampires. If I stab a vampire with it, it won't heal over. It may not kill them but it will leave them a nice scar for a very very long time. I strapped my bow to my back with the arrows in a cross cross motion over my back and my sword directly in the middle. I grabbed some smaller daggers and tucked them securely in my boots and lastly I crawled under my bed and grabbed 2 guns I'd stolen from the armoury and practised with on the roof of our mansion. Obviously I did it in secret or Stevie would kill me. I tucked one gun down the back of my pants and the other I strapped to the i strapped to the inside of my right thigh.

"Wow you look like the baddest 5 year old iv ever seen." Kira remarked visibly impressed. I chuckled and noticed with her hood covering her face attached to a black cape that reached her black boots, she could easily pass off as me. With that black mask she looked like Zorro which made me giggle. Her whole outfit was black and she also looked bad ass.

"I take it you like the Zorro movies huh?" I questioned jokingly.

"Well, duh. He is cool and has a black horse." She says laughing.