Chapter 22 - Guess Who's Back, Back Again, She is back, Tell a friend!

Sapphires POV

"Wow, you can see the castle this high up" Skyler said in awe.

"Yeah, me and my mum found this tree when I first came here. She said if I ever got scared or needed somewhere to feel safe then to climb to the top of this tree and she would know where to find me so we could talk through any of my fears or worries." I said in nostalgia. I really missed my mum, even though she took me to school just this morning. I knew she would be back soon to tuck me in because she promised and she never broke her promises.

"Your mum is the best, your so lucky. I wish my mum loved me like your mum does. All my mum does is drink because she lost dad. We lost him too but she doesn't care." Skylar said sadly.

"At least you live here now with your sister. I love Penny, I wish I had a big sister like her." I said encouraging a smile from Skylar which I saw slowly creep up on her face making me feel really happy.

"Yeah, I guess I'm lucky too. She is awesome and makes the best apple pie in the whole wide world." She said excitedly

"Yeah, she does indeed. Remember when Joey first tried it, he nearly died from how good it was." I said laughing at the memory.

"Oh yeah, speaking of him. Are you gonna marry him at recess tomorrow." She asked shyly.

"Well.... He is cute but I think he only likes me cause he would get to be a prince if I marry him. He always brings me candy too but I prefer his brother. Josh always says my clothes are 'fabulous' and makes me laugh when he wears his mums high heels. He is also confident and rates the other boys looks with us and says who is cute and who is ugly. Plus he is my friend." I finished thinking about how cute Josh and Joey were.

"Too bad you don't know if either of them is your mate. You never know, maybe neither of them are, maybe your mate is a girl like your mum." She said curiously

"My mum said when she was 5 or 6 she recognised Adey was someone special to her but she couldn't understand at the time what it was. I hope I feel that when I'm 6" I said looking at Skylar. When I looked into her unique eyes I felt something flutter in my chest but I figured it might be cause I had something I desperately I needed to get off my chest, it was a massive weight pulling me down, so much so that it was making me visibly upset.

"What's up buttercup?" Skylar asked with a smile making my chest feel funny again. Her cheeky grin was infectious and I found myself smiling back.

"Can you keep a secret Skye?" I asked hopefully.

"Of course Phire, your my best friend, I would keep your secrets forever." She said in honesty.

I felt at peace with at her answer which I knew was completely sincere. So I took a big breath and started off blunt." I d-d-don't wanna be queen..." I carefully looked up to see Skye's shocked face.