Chapter 42 - Protect Her

Kits POV

I held my wrist over Adrianna's mouth begging her to drink my healing blood. Once she'd had a bit and came to realising it was my blood she was drinking she bat my wrist away with little to no strength and croaked out

"B-b-babies, don't give me your bl-bl-blood"

"Adrianna I will drink more but you need blood." I begged her but she stubbornly refused pushing away my wrist again.

I fumed at her hard headedness and noticed even with a little bit of my blood she wasn't healing. I checked out her wounds and they were burns oozing out blood. I smelt the air and smelt the strong aroma of vervaine. A plant known to burn vampires skin, the bombs must have been rigged with it so the vampires either died or burnt and weren't allowing them to heal. The only way to heal was to drink blood and it was then I understood their plan. Hunters blood was renowned to have vervaine in, the vampires would drink their blood forgetting this because there bodies would be burning from the inside after ingesting this. I mind linked all the wolves in this arena to stop any vampire about to sink their teeth in a hunter and instead give them some of their blood to help heal them so they could help us fight off the hunters. I then mind linked Amber, Marcus and Hannibal to me because I sensed Jet was coughing up blood. I crawled to her and she was trying to stand and failing. Her leg was shredded by the shrapnel and she wasn't healing either. I then realised the bombs must have also had silver shrapnel in as well so the wolves couldn't heal either. I growled in blazing anger at the audacity of these hunters, had they not hurt my soul mate and fellow wolves I would have been impressed but now they have just royally pissed me off, a mistake they will come to regret very fucking soon!

Luckily for me I hadn't felt it because I was part fairy and the silver had already been pushed out my body. I wanted to rip these hunters to shreds but Adrianna was my priority. Amber arrived with Marcus and Hannibal and I ordered Amber to protect Adrianna, Marcus to find my brother and Hannibal to kill every single fucking hunter he sees which made him skip with glee. They all flit off to do their duties, Matty suddenly stumbled over with William in his arms badly hurt. Kit, Kit, I need your blood now!!!! Save him, he is dying he screamed out in pain, I won't make it to the castle in time. I saw how badly William was burnt and coughing up blood. All the blood in my body wouldn't save him so I looked to Matty and said sternly

"Get Kylia NOW and we need protection, order your vampire soldiers to form a protective circle around us while I think and get a game plan together to defeat these assholes and don't argue. As fast as you can" he nodded and flit off. I carried Jet and William over to Adrianna and placed them over one another. I rubbed the violet stones I had implanted in my magic ring that protected me from magical attacks. Evie appeared with a worried look on her face at all the carnage that has occurred. Matty then returned carrying an angry Kylia. He put her down and she looked in horror at her best friend and brother dying. The soldiers formed a protective circle around us and I got ready to give out the orders of what we needed to do to have a chance at besting these hunters.

"Oh my god" she cried.

"Kylia hold onto one of them, Evie transport Adrianna, William, Jet and Amber to the castle, Amber and Matty will protect and help you fix them. Ade and Will are burning from vervaine and Jet has silver in her so please help them heal. Also, the remaining guards in the castle are to protect Sapphire at all costs." I ordered and she nodded.

Matty held Williams hand, Kylia held Adrianna's and Amber held Jets. I kissed Adrianna's head and whispered in her ear

"I love you Ade, get better for me. Me and the babies need there mummy"

"Evie, transport them now to the castle infirmary and Kylia please heal Ade, Jet and Will. Evie I need you to transport back as many blood bags as you can magically carry then transport back to Kylia to help her heal the injured. You need to be safe in the castle with Adrianna so me and my brother can fight without worrying about our mates."