Chapter 26 - Rise Up

Kits POV

I suddenly sat up causing Jet to straddle my hips. My mind went blank after what she just said, i mean, for fucks sake we were in the height of passion and she just asked me outright the question I was hoping she wouldn't ever ask. All that circled in my mind was the way she asked "whats a potential". How was I going to explain that or perhaps I wouldn't have to, although I am a terrible liar I got my game face on and went to answer her with a laugh and proceed with my lie when she interrupted me before I could speak by putting her hand up and saying

"Don't bother lying, your instant mood change and silent 5 minutes speaks volumes. What I wasn't sure was something big I now believe is actually something huge and you don't want to tell me so I ask you again 'What's a potential'?" She asked in a demanding manner and getting up off my lap showing she meant business.

I was fuming at myself for reacting in that manner. To stop her from asking again I was going to pull the Queen card out on her, something I never wanted to do because I wanted to earn my respect off them not gain it because of my status but needs must so I spoke in my most regal voice.

"I am your Queen Jet, so you cannot demand me of anything. If I don't want to divulge information to you I don't have to, so we are done with this conversation." I said back seriously and strode out of my room to the rest of the crew who were now stretching as the film had clearly ended. They all looked up at me and saw my annoyed face so chose not to question it. I felt Jet come up behind me and was astounded when she spun me round and pushed me into the snooker table earning a shocked gasp from Marcus and Amber at her disrespectful behaviour.
I felt my eyes blaze violet and grabbed her slamming her onto the table on her back. I climbed on top of her and seethed

"Never EVER disrespect me like that again. How dare you push me into this table like some puny human you can overpower."

"Well then answer my question, you may be my Queen but you cannot control me like I am some subservient weakling." She said curtly.

"Not only am I your Queen, I am your Alpha so I can control you like anything I like. I have the power to use my Alpha tone on you to control you but I don't because I want to gain your respect not have it because you have no choice because of my status's but if you continue to insult me I will use it as and when I want." I said warningly.

She sat up and I got off her slowly still keeping her gaze because she was glaring at me, challenging me to look away but I held it and eventually she rolled her eyes and looked away. She looked back to me with dejected and sad eyes and that made me feel like shit. I did genuinely really like Jet, more than I should so the fact I knew I hurt her feelings hurt me too. I hated making her feel bad but to tell her could change this relationship and confuse her more than she probably was.

"What's going here then" Amber said looking between me and Jet like we're were playing a tennis match and she was watching the ball bounce to and fro.

"It doesn't matter, none of yours guys business so maybe it's time we sleep okay?!" I stated more than asked as a question.

"Whatever, girl drama, I am staying out of" Marcus said clearly not bothered.

Jet got off the snooker table with her head down making me feel even worse for not answering what she deemed a worthy question, not realising the repercussions of what she asked. Hannibal looked perplexed and Amber looked at me accusingly for making Jet upset.

"Jet, I want to tell you and I will but it's not best for right now" I said softly raising her chin so she could see the sincerity in my eyes.

"Please just tell me, I won't be offended and I promise i won't react crazy. I know whatever it is has something to do with me so please just tell me 'What is a Potential'?" She pleaded with me making me really want to tell her. I rolled my eyes trying to think of something to respond with when Hannibal interrupted and said as if it was obvious