Going the tough route

(Your pov)
What do I want to do. Should I go with dipper... He scares me sometimes though... I know he means well. Or should I go with Mabel and meet candy and grenda... I'm not one for makeovers though.. And knowing Mabel she'd want to do that. Or some other girly thing...

" I'll go with dipper I guess..I-I mean, I don't want to be a forth wheel or anything ... And the.. Eyeball ...bat?" You said that last part questioningly.

" are you sure (f/n)? " Mabel looked at you as if saying " aren't you scared of him? You could come with me if anything."

You nodded " yeah I-I'm sure. Don't worry ." Mabel looked abit worried for a moment then turned to dipper and looked him in the eyes.

" don't do anything stupid bro bro." Before she got up finishing her pancakes off. " I'll be home later" she ran out of the diner as quick as she could. This left you with the one and only dipper and the task of continuing the letter to Bill.

" well.. Uh.. Let's finish up I'll pay and we can get going to the forest to look for the eyebats." Dipper started awkwardly snacking on the rest of his pancake. You nodded in agreement and nibbled the rest of your pancake.

The awkward aura of the booth you both were sitting at became almost unbearable. Lazy Susan came back and picked up your empty plates while dipper handed over some money as payment, to which Susan "winked".

" thanks kids, have a good day!" She walked away with the plates and dippers money as you got up from your seat remembering to take your notebook and pen.

After leaving the diner and beginning a rather awkward trip back to the mystery shack and into the near by woods, you could feel dipper worrying. It was like all his emotions were a jumbled ball around him and you could almost feel it leaking out of him.

"D..." You started to say his name but stopped yourself as you passed by a ghostly pilgrim women who apparently died by wagon, as her mid torso was crushed inwards. She walked by rather slow but seemed faster because you and dipper were walking the opposite direction. Dipper didn't really notice the small attempt to speak to him though, he had his nose half in his book. Once you had made it to the woods and ventured inside dipper looked up awkwardly. He looked at you for a moment while rubbing the back of his neck and putting away his book.

"Hey... Uh..(f/n)... Thanks for tagging along with me..and I'm still really sorry about earlier.. I shouldn't have screamed at you like that.." He averted his gaze while he continued walking forward deeper into the forest.

" y-you.. Did kind of scare me... To be honest .." You lowered your head abit looking at the ground as you followed him close by.

" I did?" Dipper looked at you with a surprised but worried look, you on the other hand didn't really notice that till you looked up at him.

" yes... " you said in a low voice still alittle scared.

" I didn't mean ...I mean... I didn't want you to be scared of me..." He looked away for a moment while he slowed down enough to be by your side.

" I ... Got that feeling.." You nod feeling abit down now.dipper looked sad and abit hurt by the fact he had scared you. You were his crush after all, and it didn't feel right in his heart to have done something that made you fear him.

" I'm really sorry .....h-hey how's about I do something to make it up to you ? Like... Like.." He started to think but he had no answer at the time.

" you don't have to dipper.. I guess I over reacted to be honest.." You rubbed your right arm with your hand.

" no.. That was my fault, I just get so worried and scared with things that involve bill.. I still should have thought about how I was treating you.... Both times.." He looked off to the side as you both continued on your journey. The awkward silence took over again.

You would feel dippers hand graze yours and soon enough he was holding your hand in his. You were confused at the action and looked at him, he was looking away but you could tell his face was completely red due to his ears being the same color. You mentally sighed letting him hold your hand. It was probably the only thing he could think of to make up for him acting so stupid earlier.

" w-we're almost there." He managed to mutter out while his thoughts went full throttle as he held your hand.

" ok.. I should write this down in my letter so my side of the deal is done." You nodded as you both came up to a small clearing in the forest with a cave near the back of it.

Dipper let go of your hand slowly as you both reached a rock, you took a seat and wrote down what had just happened with dipper.
' he held my hand and I could tell he was blushing because of his red ears. Now we're looking for eyeball bats in a cave deep in the forest.' You stopped writing as you looked over to dipper who was standing beside you reading something from the journal.

" it says they should be inside deep and dark caves. This is actually one of the caves that the journal had a map of, so we should be alright when we get inside. I even brought a flashlight." He put away the journal and took out a flashlight from his other pocket.