Step Away

(Your pov)

You were almost forced into the arms of the dream demon before you could process the events of today. He had played you like a fiddle and now you couldn't escape even if you tried. This must have been his plan from the moment you stepped into that room in the cave.

You felt something grab at your ankle making you jump slightly and turn around. Dipper was holding his neck while attempting to speak. He was catching his breath in gasps but managed to make some sound.

" (f-f/n) " he coughed out holding onto your ankle like it was his last hope.

You pushed Bill away from you and helped dipper back to his feet as he finally was able to breath correctly.

" h.. He used me.. He said that he'd leave you alone if I gave him a book.. Then took my body" he coughed a couple times more still choking on his life line.

" I-I don't understand dipper.. I made a deal for that already.." Your voice quivered.

" you what! (F/n)... " dippers voice trailed off into a cough. " you ... You didn't have to....I told you I was going to help you out.. No matter what it took..." He looked really worried but you could see the sadness as his eyes started to water.

" I.. I couldn't stand watching you with him.. (F/n) I really do love you" dipper confessed before his tears started to fall , Bill looked displeased and angry as he started to tap his foot on the ground.

" your mind (f/n) you can't go with pine tree even if you wanted to . I have a hold of your heart! GET OVER HERE NOW!" Bills voice sent a shiver down your spine , he snapped his fingers and you could automatically feel your heart getting tighter in your chest like it was going to cave in on itself. You let go of dipper and fell to the ground holding your chest whimpering in pain.

Dipper had caught himself from falling with you , he stayed strong with what strength was left in his body.

" leave her alone Bill! What do you want from her!" He screamed ending in a cough as he was getting used to being alive again. Bill only laughed while signaling you to come his way. When you didn't respond, he snapped his fingers forcing you up off the ground making you float over to his side.

" what is it that I want pine tree? I want (f/n) to be my pet for all eternity that's what I want. not for her to be with the likes of you" Bill spat his words out as he glared down at dippers weak form. Dipper was holding his right side with his left hand trying not to fall over as he did a slight waddle attempting to reach out to you with his right.

" give her back Bill , you know humans can't become immortal! Your just doing this because you want to get at me ... Please.. Just this once .... Leave her.. " dipper was now crying , his tears over flowing and dropping at a fast rate. You couldn't move , you where still being held onto by bills power.

Bill did what dipper wasn't expecting however. He set you down carefully next to him , the pain in your heart instantly went away in a blink of an eye just as your feet touched the damp ground.

" ... Thank you.." Dipper tried to walk over to you only to waddle from left to right as he took a step.

You still didn't move however, you knew if Bill had pulled what he did earlier he wouldn't give up that easy. It was just as you thought. The closer dipper got the stronger the pain In your heart got. Once he was five feet away from you you had cringed and fallen to the ground holding your chest tightly bundling the fabric of your dress screaming in pain.

" D-Dipper NO ! s-Stop th-the more you come closer AH t-the more p-pain " you couldn't manage a lot of words as the pain grew. Dipper stopped in his tracks only feet away from your curled up body. His tears were heavy in his eyes. Not only did he not manage to save you from his enemy but he was causing you pain in the process. He dropped to his knees and held his head in his hands crying.

" I told you pine tree. She's MINE now. Go away and leave us alone will you. Go die somewhere else " Bill waved his hand slightly toward dipper and he was set flying into a near by tree. Dippers back hit the tree harshly, he didn't move for a few seconds from the pain but with will power he got up slowly still holding onto his right side with his left hand. Your pain was lifted with the sudden space between you two but you could tell something was wrong. Dipper has been holding his side this whole time , he must have broken something or at the least bruised something. Dipper began to cough again, only this time you saw something leak out from his mouth. You couldn't tell , maybe it was just spit from being thrown so hard.. You knew it was wishful thinking as you saw dipper wipe his mouth on his sleeve.

" b..ill... I'm not giving up..... " he muttered out as he stumbled onto the tree holding himself up with his right hand.