A deal for freedom

(Dippers pov)
I woke up in the middle of the afternoon to Mabel poking my face with her index finger. I groaned awake as she looked down at me with a worried look.

" dipper I think something's wrong with (f/n) she's not waking up and she's heating up like she's on fire!" Mabel seemed distort as she spoke and I shot up as fast as I could to check on (f/n). Mabel was right . As I placed my hand on (f/n)'s forehead she was burning up. She was having a bad fever and she kept moving in her sleep like something was chasing after her. Must be a bad dream...

" Mabel get some ice we need to cool her temperature down" I look at Mabel who was already running out the room door. She came back a few minutes later with a rag folded over ice cubes handing it over to me. I placed the ragged ice on to (f/n)'s forehead and hoped for the best.

After hours she still hadn't woken up , it was late and Grunkle Stan had called us for dinner... (F/n) still wasn't looking too well. This worried me a lot. She was in a coma like state now , the fever was almost gone but she still wont wake up. After dinner I stayed up as late as I could before Mabel dragged me to my bed and forcefully tucked me in worried that id end up the same if I didn't get any rest. I couldn't sleep for a while but soon I drifted off being too stressed and tired to fight it off.

(Your pov)

You turned slowly to see the triangle in question.

" i did burn that letter , that's how it looked like . But I really just put it away " he seemed like he was smirking but you couldn't tell.

" Hey kid , I got something I need you to do for me " he started while waving his hand to and fro.

" w-what do you want?" He seemed annoyed just at your voice.

" Listen closely. i want you to get me this book" he started, you cutting him off with " I-I'm not getting the journal for you Bill!" He rolled his eye.

" i said LISTEN" he turned bright red and white for a moment when he said that word then went back to normal . This sent shivers down your spine.
" I need you to get a book from the library. It's hidden in the back behind a green and gold covered book in a secret compartment. Get me that book and your half of our deal is expunged." He then looked deep into your eyes seemingly angry.
" Don't do this and things will be worse for you then you ever imagined." He spoke in a deep angry like tone , his voice echoing through the abyss of a room. Then, just like that he held out a hand like the first time. The blue tinted flames covered his hand in light as the words rolled off his tongue.

" Do we have a deal?"
You think to your self for a while before hesitantly taking it.
" d...deal.." You were truely defeated, you had to take the deal so he would allow you your freedom.

" the compartment you have to open is locked , so you'll need to get the key from a special someone who's journal has it. I think you know exactly who." He seemed to smirk again, you knew exactly who it was but didn't want to say it.. You knew that you would have to get him to leave the journal long enough for you to find and take the key from it before he got back but you didn't know exactly how.

" I'll leave it to you (f/n) see you in your nightmares kid" and with that he was gone , and so was the strange room. You woke up in a cold sweat jumping up into a seated position and looking around. Dipper and Mabel had fallen asleep already and the window showed no signs of mornings light. Dipper was snoring abit loud which sparked your brain to get the journal now while he was fast asleep. The journal with the light of the moon would reflect small bits of gold from the bookcase above dippers head. You knew it had to be now or never so you slowly and carefully made your way over to dippers bedside.

You didn't want to do this but it was the only way. You reached your hand to the journal when dipper moved in a quick turn to face the wall. You let out a small sigh in relief after a few seconds of scanning him for any signs of waking up. Your hand touched the spine of the journal and with that you slowly slipped the journal out of place while holding the other books in place with your other hand. You carefully let the books fall and lean on each other while looking down at the sleeping dipper.  His breaths were light aside from the snoring. You now had the journal in your hand and began carefully examining it for the key. You turned to a page that had some writing on it and a picture of a book along with the key taped onto the page. It was easy to get the key off quietly but it was too dark to read the pages of the journal.

Once the key was in your hand you didn't risk another second you placed the join rap back as quietly as possible making sure dipper didn't wake up the whole time. The journal was back in its rightful place and the key was in your hand. You sighed lightly on relief once again making your way to your sleeping bag avoiding the squeaky floor boards. That's when you noticed Mabel was looking at you .

" (f/n)... What are you doing?" She rubbed her eyes lightly.

" I-I'll explain tomorrow morning Mabel. I'm sorry, go back to sleep ok?"

" what is that in your hand?.." Her eyes landed on the shiny key reflecting moonlight.

" I'll explain that too in the morning ok? Please just go to sleep .. I don't want to wake up dipper " you were worried and caught red handed , what else could you have done.