The yellow book

(Your pov)

Before you knew it the day passed by in a flash after the huge scare from this afternoon. Dipper didn't seem to notice anything when you all went back to the bed room that night.

" hey so what did you guys get on your shopping trip ?" Dipper looked up from his journal for a few moments.

" Nothing , couldn't find anything (f/n) liked so we went to the library for a little bit to scoop out cute boys" mabel immediately created a lie seeing as you looked nervous.

" yeah , w-we did ." You shakily answered gaining a concerned look from dipper.

" oh... " was all he could say as thoughts fluttered into his mind like flocks of birds flying south.

(Dippers pov)

(F/n) and Mabel went to scope out boys in the library?! Darn it Mabel , you know I like her why would you take her to look at other guys! I mentally shouted.

" oh..." I couldn't let her know I like her. She seems so nervous, maybe I shouldn't question it. Did something happen when they were there or something? Mentally sighing to myself I went back to the journal and it's pages scanning the text for clues on how to stop bill before he hurts (f/n).

I could hear faint whispers now so I turn my head in the direction it was coming from. Mabel was whispering something to (f/n) very low. She was looking right at me from the corner of her eye. What could she be talking to (f/n) about that she has to lo- then it hit me. What if she's telling (f/n) that I was kind of jealous about them going to scope out boys ! Or what if she's telling her that I like her ! Or even worse what if she's telling her about that one time in that store with the dancing and the ghosts and Wendy! My mind was gong five hundred miles per hour and I physically cringe holding my shirt with my hand and closing my eyes tight breathing heavily in huffs.

" you ok over there bro bro ?" Mabel came over and patted my back as I huffed out a breath and regulated my breathing giving her a sheepish smile.

" y-yeah , yeah all good here " I chuckled awkwardly.

(Your pov)

Mabel was whispering in my ear to just go along with everything she says when dipper asks questions. And that she could tell he was going to drop the whole library thing quickly. She wouldn't tell you how she knew but it seemed to work. Though now she noticed dipper was having a panic attack on his bed while cringing. Before you could ask him if he was ok Mabel was already at his side parting his back and asking for you.

Dipper seemed super stressed and panicked but he said he was just fine. After a long while of awkward silence Mabel shouted out " IM GOING TO SLEEP!" Before rushing out of the room only to get dressed in her pajamas and come back minutes later. She jumped into bed throwing herself next to waddles who didn't seem to move much being used to this happening daily. You fallowed after Mabel , getting changed into your pajamas only to curl up in bed with the words " night everyone. "

Dipper was the last to go to sleep . He put away his journal and turned out the lights already in his sleep wear before he got comfy under his sheets. The moonlight from the window making the room appear brighter then it would have been.

Closing your eyes you drifted off into sleep only for a triangle to appear infront of you.

" Miss me kid? I know you did" he laughed.

" Did you get the book I asked for?" You nodded at his question.

" it's under my pillow as we speak..." You felt guilty still and it was driving your brain crazy.

" kid, if there's one thing I've learned its that sometimes you Gatta let go of those thoughts and just do things . Makes life sweeter " he would have been smirking if he had a mouth you were sure of it. He twirled his cane in his hand for a while as he looked down upon your small form.

" I'll be back for that book, till then keep the good work going kid" he said with sarcasm even though he meant it. You knew he was getting a kick out of toying with you and getting you to find things for him. But you also couldn't have him hurting you ether. Dipper would be so mad.. At least that's what you thought.

The next morning was some kind of blur. You remember waking up and going over your normal routine but you didn't really remember speaking to anyone or what exactly you did.

It was now afternoon and you were out in the forest with dipper and Mabel looking for some strange thing. You didn't really pay much attention. Today was one of your ' I'm not feeling like doing anything but sitting at home watching tv and eating junk food' days but Mabel had forced you to tag along saying something like " if you don't dipper may think something bad happened and he'll get worried sick"

A while later you found yourself separated from the twins going off on your own little path while you day dreamed about watching tv snuggled up in a blanket. You didn't even noticed that your surroundings had gone completely greyscale till you heard a familiar voice from above you. You thanked everything in life that you remembered to stuff the yellow book into your pocket before leaving on what was supposed to be a group adventure.