Shortcut home

(Dipper pov)
I could tell something was wrong just from the way (f/n) sat there on the rock writing down stuff for that stupid letter bill wanted for their deal. Speaking of which is really odd for him to ask for and mean to get something simple like a letter... I still remember the puppet deal... A shiver went down my spine.

I held my flashlight as (f/n) and I went on exploring the cave. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea, I mean I didn't pack any food or water Incase we got lost.. Not that we would be, the journal had a very detailed map that showed almost every twist and turn this cave had to offer. (F/n) was walking very close to me so she wouldn't get lost, I wasn't complaining. Her body heat was pretty warm and I could feel it on my back even though she was a few inches behind me. I took out the journal and read the map to figure out which way to go next as we hit a fork in the road.

" I think we should go right, it says here eyeball bats like the dark best. Their eyes get really irritated in light so it makes sense for them to be deeper in a cave then most other things. And the right path's route leads to a long pathway connecting under the old railroad." I placed the journal back in my pocket before shining my flashlight to the right pathway .

I didn't walk toward it right away because I heard scribbling behind me, looking back (f/n) was writing more things for her letter. I could tell she was on her third page by now, how long is she planning to make that letter ? Did Bill tell her she had to do X amount of pages or something? I mean he didn't ask for a book ether... Did he?.. My mind was a blank when I noticed her looking up at me. A warm burning feeling flooded my cheeks as I turned ahead and continued walking the pathways.

" how much longer till we find them dipper?" She tapped my shoulder once while we continued coming up to a dark dead end.

" uh... This isn't supposed to be here.. Maybe the tunnel collapsed over the years?.." I looked back at (f/n).

" well I guess we could be heading back now. It's probably afternoon by now and Mabel's probably waiting for us at the house. Maybe we'll find them some other day?" I managed a smile looking at my wrist watch while flashing my light to get a better view... 1 pm it read.

" wow .. Time flies fast when your walking I guess?" (F/n) didn't seem amused by what I said at all, in fact she looked tired and sick of hearing me speak.

I took her hand in mine and interlocked our fingers. My face wouldn't stop burning with heat and redness but I went on walking her back out the way we came from. It was actually quicker then walking deeper into the cave , probably because I had stopped to check the map every few seconds but ether way I was glad we were outside with fresh air and room that wasn't locked in by walls and darkness around us.

" I know a short cut to the shack from here, I didn't realize how late it got in there but I bet Mabel probably made us sandwiches knowing we were going to be home alittle late" I couldn't look (f/n) in the eyes, I was still holding her hand but tried to play it off as if I didn't really notice.

" ok , as long as we get there faster I'm fine with that. I'm just alittle hungry so if Mabel did make sandwiches I hope she made two for me" she smiled and gave a little chuckle, I returned the chuckle and started leading her away to my short cut through the trees and onto a very old rarely used path.

(Your pov)

" hey .. Uh.. I was kind of wondering.. Maybe after you give that letter thing to Bill.. And things blow over.. We could probably go see a movie or something...." Dipper looked ahead as he lead me down the old path through the forest.

'Was he asking me out?' Was all that was in my mind. To be honest i was still alittle scared of him and i didn't even want to think of going out with him. Plus i had the odd feeling that this wouldn't be the last of bills little tricks.

" I-I mean w-with me and Mabel " dipper looked at me for a moment with the most awkward smile I had ever seen on someone's face.

" uh.. S-sure I guess?" I looked clearly confused at what he was getting at so he dropped that topic as fast as it came up.