Sudden responsability

(Dippers pov)

I wasn't able to sleep after catching Bill harassing (f/n). What could he want now, she gave him a full letter but he claimed it had to be in an envelope to be one with a stamp and everything. I mentally sigh covering my eyes with my arm. Mabel was already fast asleep and I could tell by the faint slow breathing that (f/n) was too. I listened in on her small breaths making my cheeks grow a slight red. I can't have a crush already.. Least not when bill is harassing her. But I have to admit I do like her..... Then it hit me like a bag of rocks to the face. What if Bill is just trying to take her away from us, or worse trying to take over her body to get the journal!

My mind went full blast coming up with different theories as to what he would want with (f/n). The night passed by so quick as I tossed and turned in bed, my mind winding like gears in a clock never stopping to rest. Before I knew it I was eating away at my shirt and the sun was rising.

I could hear the slight grunt noise as Mabel sat up in bed rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

" morning dipper " she yawned out before quickly realizing that I was wide awake.

" dipper your eyes are all funny. Did you get any sleep ??" She asked worriedly standing up to walk over and check the bags under my eyes.

" your eating your shirt again dipper , you know you have to get at least five hours of sleep ! Your staying in today you need rest." I was getting up from bed but Mabel pushed me back down and tucked me in. I let out a long sigh.

" I'm fine Mabel, it's nothing really. " I tried to sit up again but was stopped as Mabel had a stern look in her eyes.

" No your not. You only eat your shirt when your stressed and look at it" she pointed at the chewed through shirt I was wearing.
" ok.. I guess your right. I'll sleep for a bit.. b-but I'm not sleeping if (f/n) leaves the house ." Mabel looked confused but quickly caught on, however it wasn't to the right idea.

" Ok sir dipping sauce, I'll get (f/n) to stay here if you want but your going to have to tell her you l-" I sat up and covered her mouth hearing a light grunt from (f/n).

" shhh Mabel, she's right there and you know I can't do that ... Y-yet.." I whisper.

Mabel rolled her eyes and left the room to get ready for the day while I got comfortable. My mind had finally given it a rest but it still ate away at the back of my thoughts. What could Bill be up to, and why was he targeting (f/n) of all people... I drifted off to sleep quickly from lack of energy.

(Mabel's pov) /I know right finally!/

I left the room so I could go brush my teeth and shower before putting on one of my sweaters, I picked out the one with the pink cat face on it this time. I had to admit I'm alittle upset at dipper. First he makes (f/n) scared of him, now he won't even tell her he really likes her! He makes it so complicated some times, this is probably going to turn out just like what happened with Wendy. The whole list thing then nothing works. Though at least he has a chance with (f/n). I sigh as I look at myself in the mirror putting on a pair of matching cat face earrings.

Walking back to the room I noticed (f/n) was awake and dipper was fast asleep.

" good morning (f/n) can I ask you for a favor?" I smiled as much as I could trying to hide my intentions.

" uh? Sure I guess, what is it Mabel?" She was rubbing her eyes like she just woke up two seconds before I opened the door.

" well.. Dipper has a fever but I have this thing I have to do with candy and grenda today. Could you look after him for me? I don't want to leave him by himself." I played it off " thanks bye!" I ran out the room as fast as I could and headed to candy's house.

(Your pov)

You mentally sighed to your self as Mabel had left you in full charge of what you thought was a sick dipper. You stood up slowly and made your way to the bathroom to take care of what you had to do first thing in the morning. Once that was done you decided it was a great idea to make some homemade pancakes. Pancakes always made you feel better when you were sick back at home so you thought ' why not?'. You were surprised to see that Grunkle Stan had all the ingredients to make them plus pans to cook them in. He even had syrup, you began preparing the pancake mix and cooking the pancakes.

After you had made a good stack of pancakes you placed three onto one plate and three on another. You also poured orange juice into a cup and placed it onto a tray with a fork and knife along with one of the plates of pancakes. You went back upstairs lugging the tray carefully.

" dipper , wake up, it's time for breakfast " you called to him as you stood at his side. Dipper moved abit then slowly opened his eyes to see you holding a tray with pancaked and orange juice.

" I made pancakes. Mabel told me you were sick, so I thought these would help." As he tiredly sat up in bed you placed the tray on his lap. His cheeks were burning red from the sudden breakfast in bed.

" she was right... You are sick. We need to check your temperature " you noticed his chewed shirt now.
" and what happened to your shirt?" You questioned.

" stress... And I-I'm fine " he rubbed the back of his neck." Thanks for making me this" his blush grew slightly as he looked down at the food.