47.

Cassandra's POV

I stand there dumbfounded, not being able to move from my current position. I watch Harry as he walks away from me with his head hung low and hands in his front pockets. I'm at a lost for words after what I had told him. I honestly thought he would come running back to me, but maybe that wasn't meant to be. Maybe that isn't how our story is supposed to end.

"Wait, please wait." I call out, just above a whisper, knowing he can't hear my plead. I start walking in his direction, slowly picking up speed, as the snow falls harder and the night grows colder.

"Harry..." I say once I've caught up to him. He doesn't flinch, he just continues to walk away from me. I have no idea why he is ignoring me, he has no right too. My last attempt to get his attention is to grab his bicep. I grasp it firmly and pull him back.

"Cassie, I know what I said back there and I know my actions aren't matching up, but I don't know if what I said was true..." His words slice through me, but at the same time I feel relief, like this weight has been lifted off of me.

"I have scarred your life, your families lives. How do you expect me to overlook that? I feel terrible about what I have done and being with you will risk that person coming back, even though you drove him away there were times you brought him out of me." Harry's words register and make me see where this man is coming from. I was a fool to fall for him even though I didn't know Edward was Harry, but how could I take someone back who hurt me so much? I can't.

"But why would you say all those things back there?" I stare into his forest green eyes and start to feel myself getting lost in them.

"I needed you to know, not so you would fall for me and tell me the same words, but because I can't move on without you knowing. I know this may seem crazy to you and trust me it's crazy to me too, but that is what love does to you and I'm willing to go insane if it means keeping you safe." Harry pants, as the words live his lips like he has been dying to say them and just couldn't wait to let them go. Snow continues to fall upon us, my body growing colder by the minute, but I ignore the shivers and say,

"So what does this mean? Am I just supposed to forget about you? Before you came back I was doing a pretty good job at that." I chuckle to myself, remembering the touch of amnesia I had.

"Forgetting isn't an option for me." He simply says, reaching up to grasp my cheek. I stand frozen, waiting for something to be said, but nothing happens. I wonder if he will say anything else, as his eyes turn towards the ground he speaks.

"I can't forget you Cassandra Lowe, but sometimes when you love someone you have to let them go, even if they mean the world to you and even though it hurts me to say goodbye I think we both know it's for the best." His eyes glisten, tears on the verge of pouring down his beautiful face, but he holds back.

"I think the sooner you accept I'm not Edward, the sooner you will understand why I'm letting you go after I said all those things." I realize Harry isn't the same man I kissed only nights ago, I know he hurt me and I just hadn't realized who he really was. But now after hearing him say all these things I think it's best we both move on, leaving behind any memories and just moving on for good.

"So, this is goodbye?" There is a small part of me that wants Harry to stay here with me, but I know that is completely insane. He did terrible things to my family and even though I realize these things there's still this part of me that is somehow attached to him.

"I think it has to be," he straightens his posture and runs his hand through his thick, loose curls before saying,

"But maybe we'll meet again one day, you never know what life has in store." As he says these simple words he turns away and begins to walk down the narrow street, as the snow falls atop his head, making his tousled curls glisten in the night sky. Just when I think I have heard the last of Harry Edward Styles, he turns around once more and says,

" Maybe one day, Cassie." I noticed he winked before turning back around and leaving me to stand there in the snowy night. Even though I shouldn't have hoped we would meet again, I did. For some reason I was still attracted to this strange man, but fate wouldn't have it. I never saw him again and even though for the next few weeks I would hope to see his face once more, I never did.

The End

| Authors Note |

Psycho Sitter finally has an ending! I'm sorry if you're not pleased with it, but this is how I chose to end the story and I think it fits considering the characters. If you're wanting more of my work you can check out any of the stories below!

The Sexton House - Harry Styles

Into The Woods - Harry Styles

Blackmail - Harry Styles

Your Guardian Angel - Harry Styles

Harry Styles Short Stories - Harry Style

A Fangirls Guide To Writing