6.✔

Cassandra's POV

We have a choice in this world; to give up when life gets tough or fight for what we believe in.

Many of us do the first, we give up when things get hard. Most of us don't even try to over come the problems we face. We simply say things like 'there's no point, I'll loose anyways' or 'what's the point of trying when there's no hope?'. We all want to win, we just don't want to fight because we feel as if there's no hope but I'm not like that.

I believe in hope and fighting for what you love so the man standing on my porch with a gun pointed right at myself and my younger brother needs to know I'm not giving up when there's hope.

"Run." I say not looking away from the hard stare of the man standing on my back porch.

"What?"

"I said 'run' Ben." I turned to look at him.

"Trust me." With that my younger brother took off running in the forest leaving me standing there smirking at Harry.

I raised my right hand in the air slowly putting down every finger except the middle one. Then I took off running in the woods.

I could see Ben about thirty yards ahead of me, I knew he was a slow runner so that's why I let him go ahead of me. I looked behind me when I hear the sound of Harry's gun going off only to see him still on the porch holding the gun above his head shooting the gun in mid air.

"GAME ON CASSANDRA!" His deep voice boomed throughout the forest and field.

I made the mistake of looking behind me again too see him now off the porch and running through the field towards us. I ran as fast as my short legs would go trying to catch up with Ben, it was even harder to run when you have a back pack filled with bottles of water on your back plus having a foot that was just cut last night with glass stuck in it only to be digged out with an unsanitary pocket knife that's probable been only God knows where.

"Keep running buddy." I say to Ben as I'm only five feet behind him.

"Is he chasing us?" he asked out of breath.

"Yes but it will be okay, I promise." I reassured him now running beside him

* * *

We've been running for probably twenty minutes non-stop trying to make some distance between us and Harry. I think it's working because he's now out of sight.

In the past hour my asthma has really been acting up, I've tried to not let it bother me but it's kinda hard when your chest feels really tight and your breathing isn't normal.

"Can we stop for a few minutes Cassie? I'm really tired." Ben's little out of breath voice spoke.

"Yeah we can, I'm tired too buddy." I admitted slowing down and stopping by a tree taking off my back pack and sitting it by the tree then sitting down leaning against the trunck.

Ben sat beside me leaning his hand on my shoulder.

"Can you give me a water please?" He asked looking at the back pack.

"Yeah." I said unzipping the pack getting out two waters and handing one to him.

After drinking half the bottle Ben was asleep his head now in my lap, I grabbed the blanket I packed and put it over us hoping to keep us some what warmer from the cold January air. I leaned my head against the truck of the tree and closed my eyes slowly starting to drift off to sleep until I heard the sound of leafs crunching followed by the sound of heavy breathing...