46.✔

Cassandra's POV

The next morning I wake up to the sun shining on my pale skin.

I stretch my arms out in front of me yawning and then slowly get out of bed. I head over to my bathroom which is located on the opposite side of the room. I use the bathroom then brush my teeth, I throw my hair up in a loose bun and head for the kitchen. When I open my bedroom door I let out a scream as Harry lays sprawled out on my floor. He wakes up from the sound of my voice and everything slowly starts to come back from last night.

His words play over and over in my head, 'He's gone'. Harry jumps up from the floor and grabs for the door as I close it but I'm not fast enough, he already has his foot wedged between the door and my bedroom wall. I scream for him to stop but he won't.

"Harry stop!" I scream but he doesn't listen.

"Just let me in!" He says pushing harder on the door.

"No! You hurt me, Harry, and I will never forgive you!" I say rage evident on my face but tears are threatening to spill over.

I just couldn't do this anymore, I want to have my old life back. The life before any of this happened, before Harry, before life happened. I just want to be little again. I don't want this life anymore.

Harry slowly stops pushing on the door, I stop too. I can hear his heavy breathing on the other side.

"I can't believe you won't forgive me even though I've changed." He sounded broken and it broke me to hear him like this.

"If you've changed then why did you try to hit me? If you've truly changed, why, Harry?" I ask emotion laced with every word I speak.

"He's gone but... Sometimes he comes back and I can't control it but I'm better, I promise. I wouldn't be here if knew I was putting you in danger." He sounded genuine about it but it was still difficult to trust him with all that he put me through.

"How can I trust you?" I asked.

"How, Harry?" It was silent, only the sound of our uneven breaths could be heard.

Was I really considering trusting him after all that he put me through? In a way I wanted to because maybe he has changed but the other part of me is screaming at me saying for me to run as far as away from him I as can. Something tells me other wise.

"I love you." Three simple words said with passion and brokenness of the heart.

"I love you and I know you'll never love me back and that's not okay but I guess it has to be because I'm not the type of man to force love upon someone anymore. Love is two sided, both sides must put effort into a relationship for it to work and it's obvious I'm the giver and you're just the receiver. You'll just throw away anything that I give you and that's one of the things I learned while sitting in prison for six years. Cherish everything that is golden to you because only a fool would throw away something so dear to one's heart." His words burned holes through me but I understood what he was saying and it hurt.

Was it true? Would I really throw away his never ending love? I didn't know the answer. I heard my apartment door open, it slowly closing back and that's when I knew I did want his love. I wouldn't throw away his affection, I want to cherish it just like he cherished me those six years.

I ran to the front door, opening it then slamming it shut. I ran down the apartment steps almost slipping on the icy steps. I saw his dark shadow walking slowly down the vacant street, my heart was racing at this point. I didn't have an idea what I was going to say but I knew it needed to be good. I slowed my pace down, taking this time to observe him. His head was hung low, hands in his pockets. His breath was showing then fading away into the cool November air.

"If you'll be the giver, I'll be more than a receiver. I'll be a taker, a holder and I'll cherish you because you, Harry Edward Styles, are gold." I spoke the words with as much passion and love as I could and they were true.

He is truly golden, he may have a few dark spots but nothing a little love couldn't fix. Harry slowly turned around to face me, our bodies about five feet apart. We stared at each other for what felt like ages which was really a couple minutes but I began to panic when he was silent for so long. Harry just looked at me with dull green eyes and simply said, before walking off,

"As a great poet once said, 'nothing gold can stay'."

__________________________________________________________________________

I know this chapter is short but I freakin loved it!

AND OMG I SAW THE BOYS ON TUESDAY! I FREAKIN SAW HARRY FREAKIN STYLES HOLDING A THREE YEAR OLD ON STAGE AND NIALL DID HIS CROTCH GRAB AND LOUIS WAS PLUGGING HIS EARS BC IT WAS SO LOUD AND ZAYNS HIGH NOTES!! AND LIAM SAYING IT WAS HIS STADIUM BC IT WAS THE L P FEILD AMD OMG I HAD SO MUCH FUN AND I MET A READER!

Okay imma shut up now but please tell me your thoughts below!