34.✔

Cassandra's POV

We were just now getting onto the main road on our way to the hospital where Lily is. I still can't believe I agreed to do this.

In a way I feel like I'm doing the right thing because she has been there for ten years but then again, I feel like a horrible person because I'm killing an innocent child. I would have never agreed to it if she didn't personally ask me to.

"Okay, please tell me what the hell is going on?" Zayn asked looking nervous from the drivers side.

"To be honest, I really don't know." I sighed shifting in my seat to get comfortable.

"Well then, why exactly are we going to a hospital to see a half dead girl?" He asked looking over at me.

I thought about it for a second asking myself if I should really tell him or not.

"We're going to set her free." I said knowing he'd understand.

It was silent after that. Only my steady breathing could be heard.

We drove for probably twenty minutes in silence before we pulled up to the hospital. Zayn parked the vehicle as close to the building as he could before we got out and headed for the door.

The building was white with a tan trim lining the outer edge. The parking lot was surprisingly not full, only a few cars scattered the lot as we walked through the revolving doors.

The first thing you see is a big tree with birds painted above the large leaves that covered the wall. It then hit me, this is a children's hospital.

After admiring the beautiful art work me and Zayn headed for the front desk where a lady with short curly brown hair sat typing away on a computer.

"Hello." I greeted the woman who looked to be in her late fifties.

"Hello, Dear. How may I help you?" She asked in a thick british accent.

I had almost forgotten that I was actually in London and no longer in Thaxton, Mississippi anymore.

"Um, yes. I'm looking for Lily Styles' room." I said looking into her big brown eyes which were covered by a pair of cat eye glasses.

"Lily Styles?" She repeats my words.

"Yes, Lily Styles. Is there something wrong?" I wondered raising a brow.

"Oh, no. It's just no one has visited her in almost nine years... We figured her brother must have died for he used to come and see her almost everyday." She told me pushing her glasses further up her nose.

"Oh... Well, who is paying her bills?" I asked seeking the answer.

"Her brother put down enough money for her to be put on life support for ten years. We thought it was crazy wasting all that money when the doctors clearly told him there was no hope for her. If she didn't wake up within a month then she never would." She replied.

"But isn't the ten years almost up?" I asked already knowing the answer.

"In a few months, yes." I knew exactly what would happen once her time was up, they wouldn't let her go on.

"But anyway, you didn't hear all that from me alright?" The lady who's name tag read Martha warned.

"Of course." I replied.

"And her room number is three-one-two." She said pointing towards the elevators.

With that we headed for the lift to take us to the third level where Lily's body lays wasting away.