13.✔

Cassandra's POV

My mouth fell agape at his words.

"L-London?" I asked, he smirks blowing another puff of smoke in my direction.

I look back at Ben to see a worried look written on his face. I mouth 'we'll be okay' and he nods. I look back to Harry to see he has now started his car and is turning around to drive down our long graveled drive way. It goes for maybe a mile or more, that's why I thought it would be a better idea to run away from Harry by going into the woods because by the time we would maybe get 50 yards he would be in his car and on his way to get us.

The rest of the ride down our drive way was silent, the only sound was Harry's heavy breathing and occasionally a cough would escape my lips from the smoke filled air making my asthma act up, plus with the window only slightly cracked its really stuffy in here. We drive for a little longer before Harry finally speaks.

"You might want to get comfortable." His raspy voice breaks the awkward silence.

"Why?" I ask looking over at him.

"It's a long drive to New York." I let his words sink in before speaking,

"B-but... I thought we were going to London."

"We are but we're boarding the plane in New York." He said throwing his cigarette out the window turning back to me with an amused expression while my face only holds shock.

"But New York is like forever away." I said looking at him, I had been to NYC before on vacation and it was even a long plane ride.

"Only nineteen hours." He said smirking at me looking back at the road

"N-nineteen hours?" I stutter.

"Yeah, now shut up." He snapped, bipolar much?

I sat back more comfortably in the leather seat hoping this would be a quick trip even though nineteen hours isn't really a quick trip. My mind starts to think about my parents and what they're doing, I wonder if they miss us. I wonder how many lives my dad has saved, I remember him telling me a couple of days before he left that there were some really sick people over there and they were in need of his skillful hands, I think he said someone needed heart surgery and that there wasn't anyone there that could do such a surgery. It's pretty amazing that my father gets to work on the human heart, he always said it's a tricky thing to understand but once you do and learn that without it you are nothing it makes you want to help that person even more. Knowing that that heart is keeping that person alive and that heart has loved or is loving someone. He always told me the heart is a powerful thing for it can trick you into thinking you have feelings for something or someone. The words he always told me and still stay with me, 'never let the heart trick you into thinking you have feelings towards someone you actually don't.' he told me once. His way of warning me about boys, he would always say that I'm a very beautiful girl and that I deserve someone who will treat me right and keep my heart safe for it's very important. He wants the man I end up with to treat me like a precious heart, like without him he is nothing just like the heart. Without your heart you are nothing.

I sink back even more into the now warm leather seat relaxing my mind leaving behind my fathers words and putting them back into the corner of my heart, the only thing I can think of right now is that I'll be stuck in this car with Harry for nineteen hours.

__________________________________________________________________________

And by the way she lives in Thaxton Mississippi I googled how long it would take to drive from Mississippi to New York and it said around 19 hours so idk if that's true