9.✔

Cassandra's POV

There're times in your life when a certain someone comes into your world. Either for the better or for the worse, Harry is that someone. My life was perfectly fine two days ago when my biggest concern was how long I would possibly be grounded for forgetting to pick up my younger brother from school. The same brother at the time who I could say I envied, I envied him because I wished to be young again when the biggest choice I ever had to make was which piece of candy I wanted from Walmart's small checkout line or when the biggest fight I would ever get into with my friends were who got a certain Barbie. Now I'm faced with a choice, one that could change my life forever.

Laying before me is Ben, the blue eyed eight year old boy full of life and joy and just pure happiness but now he lays there with tears streaming from those ocean blue pools holding tightly his right thigh as blood stains his blue jeans. I just stand there in shock trying to process it all and then it clicks. Hatred, rage, pissed. It all hits at once and it's all towards the man who had shot my little brother, Harry. I run over to where he's pacing back and forth mumbling things to himself. My fists ball up and I swing back and smack him right in the jaw his face turning from the impact.

"YOU BASTARD! You shot my brother!" He turns his face back to me holding his jaw tightly in his right hand with a shocked and angered expression.

"I-I didn't mean to!" He yells.

"Bullshit!" I boom back.

"You don't just accidentally shoot someone!" I yell and push him backwards only for him to stumble a little then regain his balance.

He quickly grabs me pushing me up against a tree his face only inches from mine, his heavy breathing blowing in my face.

"Don't ever hit me again." He said slowly pushing harder on my jaw making me wince in pain.

"And what if I do?" I dared to ask not really caring.

"Oh if you do I'll kill you before you can even call for help... You'll be screaming my name to stop as I slowly drag the knife down your neck and it sets right above your heart." He says slowly dragging his index finger down my neck and stoping above my left breast.

His words frighten me, he laughs evilly at the scared expression on my face.

"Cassie..." A broken voice calls my name.

I turn to look at Ben tears still running down his red cheeks. I try to move under Harry's tight grip to be able to go over by Ben but he still holds me tight.

"Let me go... Please." I say not looking away from my brother.

He leans in whispering in my ear,

"You hit me," His breath fans my neck.

"Why should I?" He finishes.

I finally meet his gaze and a tear falls down my cheek. I had nothing to say, I knew begging wouldn't do anything so I just stood there letting the tears pour from my eyes. A few minutes later Harry's grip finally loosens and pushes me in the direction of my brother. I almost loose my balance at the sudden movement, I quickly run over to Ben giving him a tight hug then pulling away.

"I'm so sorry, I-I'll make it better." I reassured taking off my jacket and ripping a strip of my blue under top gently wrapping it around his thigh.

He winches in pain his eyes shutting tightly and grips the dead grass that lays before him.

"I'm sorry buddy." I say wiping away the fallen tears from my eyes.

"I-its o-okay." He struggles to talk from the pain.

It only breaks my heart more seeing him like this. He did nothing, he's an innocent to the world he doesn't deserve this.

* * *

It's been two hours since Harry shot Ben, it's now getting dark. Me and Ben are sitting up against the trunk of a tree covered up in a blanked while Harry's pacing and talks to himself. I've tried many times telling Harry we need to get Ben to a hospital only for him to ignore me or just shoot me a glare that could kill. I happened to find my Advil in my back pack probably from last week when the devil decided to pay me a monthly visit.

I quickly grabbed two small blue pills giving them to Ben not really sure if it would even help but it's better than nothing. Harry walks back over to where we are telling me.

"We'll have to sleep here for tonight."

"Why?! We can't sleep here! It's untelling what's in these woods!" I foamed at him.

"Well you should have thought of that before taking off running in here!" He shot back bending now so he's at my level.

"Fine." I mumble not wanting to anger him anymore than what he is already.

* * *

I open my eyes when the bright January sun seeps through my tightly closed eye lids. After turning on every side trying to keep the sun from blinding me I finally give up sitting up quietly, on my left is a sleeping Ben and just a few yards away Harry sits up against a tree snoring slightly. I almost want to wake Ben up and make a run for home but then I remember his leg. There's no way he will be able to walk and I know I couldn't carry him all the way back to the house so I decide against the idea when I see something laying loosely in Harry's right hand, the gun.

I quietly get up moving towards him praying to God I don't wake this man up as I get down on my hands and knees slowly reaching for the shiny black object gently taking it from his hand and standing up pointing the gun at him. He opens his eyes looking at his hand then realizing I'm standing right in front of him. Once he sees me with the gun pointed at his head I feel like my heart has stopped but I hold my ground aiming the gun at his head.