15.✔

Cassandra's POV

Harry grabbed my upper arm and gave the women her phone back before pulling me out of the small gas station Ben following close behind. Harry flung the passenger side door open and pushed me in. I was about to tell Ben not to get in the car so we could just make a run for it but by the time I turned around Harry was already in the drivers seat. He gripped the steering wheel so tight that his knuckles and hands were starting to turn white.

"What the hell was that?!" He yelled turning to look at me.

I quickly turned away from him and just looked out of the window, he started to pull out of the gas station's parking lot.

"Who were you talking to?" He asked through gritted teeth, I didn't say anything and just kept quiet.

"I asked you a question!" He snapped gripping my jaw and turning my face to look at him.

I could feel the tears coming but I held them back by closing my eyes tightly.

"Who. Were. You. Talking. To." he repeated pausing between each word.

"M-my mom." I croaked out.

He now held my jaw even tighter in his large hand.

"Don't ever do that again." He told me and slapped me across the face.

The impact of the hit caused my face to fly towards the passengers window, I let the tears pour freely not caring who saw me. I stayed quiet not daring to say anything afraid of pissing him off even more, I started thinking about life.

What's going to happen to me and Ben, was Harry going to kill us? Would we ever get to see our family again? Will life ever be the same?

So many questions were filling my mind that I didn't even notice that the car was stopped and smoke was coming out from under the hood.

"Shit!" Harry cursed hitting his hands on the steering wheel.

"stupid car." Harry said under his breath getting out of the car and opening the hood.

"We're getting out of here." I said turning to look back at Ben, he smiled and nodded his head.

"Do you think you could run with the crutches?" He thought for a minute.

"Yeah, I think I can." He said grabbing his crutches.

I looked back to the hood making sure Harry was busy before getting out.

"I have an idea." I said reaching over to the driver's side to pop the trunk, once done I said,

"Okay, we're going to go out through the trunk so he doesn't see us." Ben nodded and started to slowly crawl over the back seat.

It was a little difficult since his leg was still sore. After a few minutes we were both out of the car and running towards the highway which was just a few yards away, cars were passing by so fast it was almost impossible to catch one's attention. We waved our hands in all different directions hoping for one to see us and stop.

"HELP!" We both yelled.

Some people would just look at us like we were crazy and others would just laugh.

"Help us please!" Ben cried.

"It's okay Ben, we'll get someones attention" I said not looking away from the road.

"I promise buddy, you know I don't break my promises, right?" I asked still waving my hands in the air but there was no reply.

I turned around and I could already feel the tears building up from the sight in front of me, Harry had a gun pointed to Ben's head...