36.✔

Harry's POV

My body lands in the cold water.

I hurry to reach Cassandra who is trapped inside the sinking car. I swim as fast as my body will let me 'til I'm right in front of the sinking vehicle.

I try opening the door but of course it doesn't work from the water pressure.

I curse under my breath.

I think quick and pull myself on top of the car to see the sunroof is opened, I slowly lower myself down into the front seat where Zayn sits head first in the water. I look to the passenger side only to see Cassandra doing the same.

I hurry and unbuckle her failing at my first try but a few more pulls and it releases. I lift her up in my arms then put her over my shoulder and swim back out of the car.

Once back in the ice cold river I start to swim over to the bank which is close to fifty feet away. I push my body faster and harder to swim across the freezing cold water but it was hard to move plus carrying another person on my back doesn't make it any easier.

I can feel Cassie start to shake and I'm glad because that means she's still alive. I don't know what I would do without her, I know I've done such cruel and horrible things to her and her family but I can't stop the thoughts that fill my mind.

I'm not doing them. Well, it is me. My body is but my mind isn't. I'm constantly battling 'him', the other me.

The one this body has become so fond of. I don't like it though. I don't like what he tells me to do. After I hurt her I scream at myself because I have hurt her again and that's not what I want to do, not at all but she just can't understand that.

When I'm hurting her it's not me that's doing it, it's him.

I'm now close enough to the bank to where I can stand and walk the rest of the way out. I start jogging through the water, my blood pumping fast through my veins, 'til I'm standing on the bank. I run up the big hill which leads to the bridge.

Trees and small bushes block my way but I just push through them making cuts appear on my pale skin. Once on the road I run for the car still carrying Cassie, I'm almost half way there when I hear the sirens go off in the distance. I stop at the sound of gun shots thanking the policeman with bad aim.

"Put the girl down and raise your hands above your head, Harry Styles." The policeman shouts aiming the gun right at me.

I back up saying,

"No! She's all I have left." I yell at them.

Three more police cars pull up surrounding the area.

"I can't let you have her." I tell them holding her close to my body.

"If you don't let us take her to a hospital neither one of us will have her." He told me seeing the blood dripping from her head.

I follow the stream of blood, it leading to her forehead. I kiss the top of her head holding her close to me.

"Give Cassandra back to us, she needs to see a doctor." One of the police men spoke slowly walking towards us holding out his hands.

"Come on, Harry. It's all over, give her to us." I backed away more, I just can't let them have her!

"I need her, she's all I have!" I yell holding her even closer.

Tears started to build behind my eyes threatening to fall.

"Harry, she's going to die!" He yells.

"Stop running from your problems and be a man."

"I am a man! I'm trying to protect her." I spoke.

"From who? Who are you trying to protect her from, Harry?" The officer with jet black hair asked coming closer.

"From him." I said pointing to myself.

I know they probably think I'm crazy and I'm wondering that as well.

"He's crazy." The blonde headed officer said shaking his head.

"Maybe I am." I grinned at them.

"But I know she can change me. I've felt it before when I'm around her and we're just talking about life. I feel sane and normal... She can save me." I spoke holding her tightly.

"And that's why you can't take her from me." With that I turned around and ran.

I ran for my life and I ran for Cassandra's. I didn't know where I was going but I ran.

My blood is pumping and my heart feels like it will beat out of my chest but I don't care. I run 'til I hear a gun shot then seconds later it hits me.

I drop to the ground, Cassandra still held tightly in my arms. My leg feels like it's on fire. I try and get up to run away but I can't even move my right leg without the sharp pain shooting through it. I look to Cassandra to see her body shaking and her lips trembling.

I put my left hand onto her cheek slowly inching closer to her then ever so lightly I press my lips to her full plump pink ones. My lips tingle and my stomach turns in happiness.

The feeling truly is hard to describe but is ever so amazing. Just as the wonderful feeling comes it soon goes. My body is forcefully jerked off of the ground away from Cassandra and I'm thrown onto the cop car my face colliding with the drivers window. I let out of grunt then turn back to where Cassandra is laid only to see an ambulance carrying her away.

"CASSANDRA!" I cry.

My heart aches at the scene playing in front of me. Needles are being put into her arms and cords all over her body. So much shouting and yelling is going on.

My world starts to spin and then it ends all at once.

______________________________________________________________________

They kissed... Hehe