Chapter 7

Mike

"Uhm, let's track that again," I tell Chester as he stands in the vocal booth. There's an awkward tension in the room since we're alone in the studio. He sighs and nears his face  to the microphone to sing. I play the track and he sings over the line over it. "Okay, that's good." He takes off the headphones and gets out of the booth.

We didn't need to do much since most of our EP was recorded in high school. I found all the tapes the other day in my closet. I brought them in and Brad helped to edit them a bit. "I'm going to the bathroom," Chester muttered as he grabbed his jacket and headed out of the studio. A few minutes later Brad walked in and sat in the chair next to mine.

"How's the tracking?"

"It's fine." He stares at me for a few moments before turning his chair and grabbing his guitar off of it's stand. 

"Joe wants to go hang out today."

"We can't. We have until the end of this week to give Jeff the EP." Brad glares at me as he strums a few notes. "Mike we just need to finish Part of Me and Step Up. We still have a good five five days."

"This needs to get done."

"What's stuck in your ass today? Or actually, these past couple of months."

"Can you just give me a break?" I snarl, turning towards him. "I want this Brad! And I'm trying hard to get us there!"

"I know Mike. I want this as bad as you do, but I'm not going bullshit crazy over this or ignoring my friends needs! I just came back from Rob's house and he's had a fever for days! You're not caring anymore Mike! And look at Chester! He's hurting Mike. More than ever." 

I looked back at the monitor, "Well he can get over it just fine."

"You're such a fuck ass," Brad spat and put his guitar back in it's stand. He gets up and storms out just as Chester walks in. His eyes are red and his nose is running a little. 

"What's up with Brad?" I shrug, not looking at him. I sits where Brad was sitting and he spins around on the chair. "I wanna do something."

"Then go do something." It didn't take  a genius to know he's high right now. "I'm so bored though. We're done tracking vocals for this song right?" I ignored him, hoping he would shut up sooner or later. 

"I want to mess around," he giggled as he turned his chair towards me. I rolled my eyes and continued to edit the song. I fixed up the last part of the song and let out a sigh of relief. Just one more to go.

"Mike..." he whines and rolls the chair closet to mine "Come on, there's a load of places to visit, I want to take a break from all this." 

I stand up and move away from him. "I'm heading out. You should go too." He pouts and stands up, jacket in hand. 

"Okay." I walk briskly to my car and throw the door open. I turn on the ignition and drive out of there. 

"Damn Chester," I grumbled under my breath. I drove home and tried not to think about him. We had bigger things.

I'm not completely heartless though. I do want Chester to feel better. I don't want all this trouble getting in the way of the band. If it does, he'll have to go. I also don't want him getting in my personal space. That's a problem too. I pulled up to the parking lot in my apartments and got out. I slammed the door. Oops, that was becoming a bad habit.

I walked all the way to my apartment room and unlocked the door. The cool air from the air conditioning hit me and I sighed at the soothing feeling. It was still early and I had nothing to do. Sleep sounded great considering I had been working so hard these couple of days on the EP. I threw my backpack down on the floor and made my way to the room