Chapter 48

Chester

Closing the car door, I sighed and looked at the enormous building in front of me. I locked my car and walked towards it. I was dressed somewhat nicely, or at least appropriate for tonight.

I entered the building and saw Brad and Dave talking excitedly. I walked up to them, looking around the giant room. "Hey Ches."

"Hey Brad." I looked at Dave. "What's with the beanie? I thought you didn't like them as much now?"

"Dave shaved all his hair off," Brad snickered as Dave glared at him. His beard was grown out and trimmed, making him look much different than how he usually looked; Dave always had his spiky hair, no beard. 

"Woah, you did?"

"Yes and my bald head is freezing," Dave whined, tugging at the white beanie. "Since I've been growing out my beard, people thought it was weird that my hair is brown and my beard is orange." Brad snorted and just out laughing and I let out a few giggles.

Dave groaned and rolled his eyes. "Anyways, remember to pack your stuff?"

I nodded, "Yeah, my stuff's in my car."

"Okay. I'm glad it's just a few shows this week. I'm still not ready for a full blown tour."

I felt hands at my shoulders and turned around to see Rob and Mike. "Hey Noda."

"Hey," he smiled, resting his chin on my shoulder. "Ready for the awards?"

"Yeah. You really think we'll win?"

Mike shrugged. "It's Kerrang. I know the fans voted."

We waited around for Joe to show up, talking about how the world we were going to win over Metallica or The Red Hot Chili Peppers, both being really good bands. I had a feeling we didn't really stand a chance against bands like them.

When Joe finally arrived, one of the ushers took us to the back, were the artists could hang out until the awards started. It was very much like a dressing room in a venue, but it had tables with food and no dressing cabinets or instruments.

"This is too much for just one person," Joe chuckled, eyeing the table.

"That's why the six of us are here," Dave grinned, helping himself to a generous amount of the food laid out.

"They got beer," Brad announced as he opened a cooler. I went straight after the cooler, the guys laughing as I pulled a few bottles from in between the ice.

"Not gonna share?" Mike chuckled. I rolled my eyes and handed him a bottle.

"Of course I was," I smirked, popping the bottle open and taking a few chugs. Mike shook his head and took the lid off his own bottle. We stood by the rest of the guys, drinking the beer and talking, still debating who would win "Best International Band" of this year's Kerrang! Awards.

"Well Metallica's been around since like, we were little kids," Brad said as he stuffed a cheese puff into his mouth. "They've built up a huge following over the years."

"So has Red Hot Chili Peppers," Rob piped in.

"You guys are being so pessimistic," Dave said, rolling his eyes. "C'mon, we gotta believe that we won."

I nodded, agreeing with Dave's statement. A few drinks later and more conversations, I knew I was getting drunk, but that didn't stop me from grabbing another bottle.

"Woah Chazzy of you drink that you're gonna be drunk," Mike said as he watched me open the bottle and drink from it. I smirked at him.

"Should be talking for yourself Mikey. Look at you." Mike shrugged. His eyes seemed glazed over and his cheeks were full of colour. I couldn't help but stare at him, watching as he drank from the glass bottle. I swallowed hard and looked away. If I wasn't careful, I could end up cornering him, again.