Chapter 9

Mike

I lazily get up from the couch, groaning as I did. I made my way over to the bathroom. Maybe I should just do my hair and leave. I turned on the bathroom light and opened the medicine cabinet to find my hairgel. I grabbed it and closed the cabinet. I looked at my hair.

Blonde. The only reason I did it was because a small part of me missed Chester. I shook my head to forget it. I'll dye it another color tomorrow. Or maybe later if I have the time. It was getting a little long too. I sighed and began applying the gel into my hair.

***

I shivered as I walked into the building. The air conditioning worked too well in the building. I ask the attendant lady where the guys are. She gives me a studio number. I thanked her and walked in the direction she pointed to.

I found the room only a minute later and walked inside. Thankfully Jeff wasn't there. Just the guys. Everyone looked bored out of their mind. Dave and Joe were playing a card game while Brad was attempting to teach Rob guitar. Chester was on the floor, his head on his knees. I almost wanted to ask him what was wrong, but I decided to just sit with Brad instead.

"Look who finally showed up," Rob grinned as he scooted towards Brad to make room for me. 

"Yep. Shinoda is finally here."

"About time. I swear Rob is unteachable." Brad glared at Rob as he laughed. 

"You're just not a good teacher Brad."

"Man, quit kidding around and just at least try to like hold the guitar." Rob took the guitar and held it against his chest. 

"Alright what now."

"Brad the glorious teacher has to teach you the basic parts of the guitar before you guys start tremolo and double tapping," I snickered at Brad who rolled his eyes and pointed the the little knobs on his guitar, explaning what they each did.

Dave let out a cry of victory as Joe threw his cards at him. "You cheated!"

"The almighty Phoenix never ever cheats!" Dave said gathering all the cards Joe had scattered. His eye caught Chester and he set his cards down, getting up from the floor. 

"Hey Ches, what's up?"

Chester didn't look up as his arms flung around Dave. He whimpered and buried his face in his shoulder. He look like he was shivering. "Chaz? What's wrong?" Dave asked a bit panicked. 

"N-nothing...Just help me...get up," Chester muttered against his shoulder. The whole room was quiet now. Dave nodded and grabbed his hands. He helped him up and held onto him. Chester's knees buckled a little bit, but he was able to stay up.

"I'll be back," he said quietly. He hurried out of the room, shoving his hands into his pockets. Everyone looked at each other, obviously worried. "Is he okay?"

"He doesn't look good," Joe muttered. 

Rob ran a hand against his head, "This is just a guess but I don't think he's had his fix of drugs yet."

"Yeah. He's become so latched on them now. It's probably been hell when he doesn't take them," Brad agreed. 

He then turned to me, "Has he been doing Mike? At your place?"

I shrug. "I told him not in my house." 

Rob shook his head. "Well instead of scolding him, you should help him out." 

I held my hands up in defense, "Dude it's his own fault he's such a druggie!"

"Don't even start that," Dave snapped, "Go see if he's okay."