Chapter 43

Mike

My eyes fluttered open. The room was dim, but there was a little sunlight peeking through the curtain. I raised my head to look at the clock by my bed. Six thirty. I groaned at the fact that this is the fourth time that I woke up randomly in the middle of the night.

I kicked the covers off and swung my legs over the edge of the bed knowing I wasn't going back to sleep. I shivered as I walked out of the bedroom and into the hall. I turned the heater up and went into the living room. I had left my keys and phone on the coffee table last night, the two objects just tossed onto the glass, nearly breaking it.

I sighed and slumped into the couch. I wasn't getting any sleep these past couple of weeks. I didn't know what it was. I grabbed the t.v. remote from the coffee table and flipped the t.v. onto what ever it was on. I stared at the t.v. tiredly for a while, growing bored with it after a while, feeling tired, but not enough to fall asleep. I grabbed my phone and flipped it open, opening my messages.

I texted Brad, asking if he could come over. I closed my phone and continued to watch the television. A few moments later, my phone beeped and buzzed in my hand. I grabbed it and opened it back up.

'Why? Is everything ok'

'i dont know,' I replied. It was the truth. I didn't know why I've been feeling so upset lately. I didn't know anything anymore. About anything. It was probably the fact that I was just so stressed over the album and how I was getting zero sleep.

'Im on my way,' Brad replied quickly. I shut my cell, tossing it to the other side of the couch. I sighed and curled up on my side, waiting for Brad to arrive.

I was dozing off again, finally, when I heard the front door jiggling and unlocking. I opened my eyes as found Brad letting himself in with one of spare keys I had. I gave everyone in the band one, except Chester of course.

"Mike? Are you okay? Is something wrong?" Brad asked immediately, rushing in and sitting next to me in the couch. "Why did you need me here this early? Are you hurt?"

I sat up and shook my head. "No, I'm not. I haven't been able to sleep and I'm feeling...off."

"I still don't understand."

"Well," I began, scratching my head. "I just don't feel like being at the studio and working anymore, or doing anything at all. All I want to do is lay around, take a nap, but then I can't sleep when I really want to."

"And?"

"I don't know. I guess I have this feeling of impending doom or something, as if something's gonna go wrong at any second. I don't know, I just feel really upset."

Brad looked puzzled, searching me. "What do you...oh Mike," he groaned, putting his face in his hands. It was my turn to be confused.

"Brad, what's wrong."

"Mike I think-- I think your depression is back," he sighed as he looked back at me. "I know you haven't been depressed since the beginning of high school, but it's a possibility."

I gulped. It was plausible. Maybe everything going on with the band--

"You really think," I stuttered. Brad nodded and pulled me into a hug.

"Maybe," he sighed. "Well, Don gave us a week to rest and maybe we can take this time to sort things out." I nodded and rested against his shoulder.

"If that's the case Mike, do not hesitate to come to anyone of us to talk. If you don't tell us when you're feeling like this, who knows what could happen to you."