12. They Come Home

A/N: Assume for these that they have been away for at least a little while, on a mission or something.

Steve:

Steve still held onto some of the more traditional ways when it came to your relationship so you didn't live together, but  in a less traditional manner you both had keys to each other's apartments. The day he was coming home you got out of work early and picked up ingredients for his favorite meal. Then you headed over to Steve's apartment and cooked for him, setting the table with a few candles. When he came home he was surprised to hear someone in his apartment and tensed up for a moment before seeing the table , which is when a smile spread across his face. You were placing the plates on the table when you noticed Steve standing in the doorway.

"Well, this is a nice surprise." He put his shield and bag down walking over to you and wrapping his arms around your waist.

"Well, I know I don't cook often but I wanted to do something nice for my All-American hero." He chuckled lightly and leaned down to kiss you. When he pulled away he was still smiling widely at you. "Welcome home sweetheart." He kissed you once more before you both sat down for dinner.

Bucky:

You knew Bucky was coming home tonight and decided to wait for him on the couch while re-reading some H.P. Lovecraft stories. Unfortunately, he was later the expected and you ended up falling asleep on the couch at around two in the morning. Bucky finally came home around three and quietly headed to the bedroom, only to find your bed made without you in it. Panic set in for a second and he dashed into the living room, heart pounding in his ears. When he made it out into the living room he noticed your hair hanging over the couch's armrest and hurried over to stand in front of the couch. When he saw you sleeping there with a book open in your lap, Bucky let out a breath he didn't notice he was holding. Then he chuckled quietly to himself and picked up the book, sticking a bookmark in it and placing it on the coffee table. Then he placed one arm under your legs and wrapped the other around your torso carrying you off to bed. He placed you in the bed and curled up around you, kissing the back of your neck and covering you both with the blanket. Needless to say, waking up in his arms the next morning was a wonderful surprise.

Pietro:

When Pietro came home, you were usually expecting him, but he still enjoyed surprising you by coming back a few hours early sometimes. You knew that Pietro was supposed to come home around three in the afternoon and since he had come home early the past three times you figured today he would be there when he said he would this time. You decided to clean up the apartment a bit, re-shelving some books and emptying out spoiled food from the fridge. Now it was noon and you were folding a blanket to put on the back of the couch when you heard a whoosh behind you. Before you had time to turn around a pair of strong arms wrapped around your waist. You smiled knowing exactly who had you in their arms. You turned around to face your gorgeous silver-haired super hero.

"Hello Prince-" You cut Pietro of with a kiss, wrapping your arms around his neck and pulling him as close to you as possible. When the kiss broke you were both smiling ear-to-ear. Then he leaned his head down and started kissing your neck before whispering in your ear. "Meet me in the bedroom." His accent was heavenly and you went to kiss him again, but he was gone. Pouting a bit you hurried off to the bedroom to find Pietro already on the bed. He was sitting there, completely naked, with the sheet covering the lower half of his body and smirk on his face. You smirked back at him and hurried over to him. No one saw either of you for the rest of the day.

Loki:

Loki had gone to meet with Thor on Asgard and he told you he was going to be gone a few days, but now he had been away for almost three weeks. You had been fine for the first week, but now you worried out of your mind. You spent every day at work watching the clock to go home and see if he was there, and you paced around the kitchen perking up every time you heard someone walk by your apartment door, but it was never him. At night you waited up for him, at first just reading in bed, but now you would just sit in the living room and just stare at the door. Now you were sitting on the couch, with the lights off, picking at some food, and the television was on, but you weren't paying attention to it. Instead you were staring at a picture of you and Loki on the end table. You perked up slightly when you heard someone walk by your door, and then even more when you heard them pull out keys. Then you heard them start to unlock the door, and threw you plate on the coffee table, standing up, your heart almost bursting out of your chest with hope. Then Loki opened the door and walked in smiling at you. You let out a sigh and ran to him. You wrapped your arms around his torso and nuzzled your face into his chest. He let out a small chuckle before using one of his hands to flip the lights on before reaching for your chin so that he could look you in the eyes. Then his smile disappeared and worry overtook his face.