37. Proposals - Bucky

It was Friday night and normally you would be snuggling with Bucky on the couch but apparently tonight he was helping Steve out with something. He wouldn't tell you what and it was driving you a little crazy. So, instead of cuddling with your boyfriend you were reading on the window seat by yourself when someone started furiously knocking on the door. Thinking it was Bucky you dropped your book on the floor and ran for the door opening it immediately. It wasn't Bucky, instead it was your best friend with a giant smile on her face.

"Hey (Y/N)!!" She says running past you towards your bedroom. Your brow furrows and  you shake you head in confusion.

"Umm... Hi." You said while following her to see what she was up to. When you reached the bedroom she was already standing in front of your closet rummaging through your clothes. "Do you want to borrow something?" You ask her while crossing your arms.

"Nope." She answers without even looking at you.

"Then would you mind explaining what you're doing in my closet?" You ask her and she giggles a bit.

"I'll explain in a minute." She continues to rummage for a minute before pulling out a dress and laying it out on the bed. At this point confusion is the only emotion you're feeling and you know there's nothing you can do about it, so you just sit down on the bed next to the dress and wait for an explanation. Your friend continues rummaging around your room. She pulls out shoes to match the dress, and then some of your nicest jewelry that matches as well. "Alright, now get dressed."

"What?" You ask her.

"Get dressed, we are going out and you are wearing this." You are about to protest, but then you remember this is your best friend and there's no way she is going to back down. So you sigh and grab the outfit she has laid out, heading for the bathroom. You get dressed and put on some makeup,noticing when you look in the mirror that your friend definitely knew what she was doing. This was a gorgeous outfit. You walked out to meet your friend and she was smiling ear-to-ear sitting on the edge of your bed. "You look amazing!" 

"Well, clearly I have a great stylist." She chuckles at this comment. "Now you said that we're going out, but I'm wearing this and you're wearing jeans. So what are we doing?"

"It's a surprise." She says before getting up and throwing your good jacket at you. Against your better judgement you follow her. You both end up in her car and she's driving you down town.

"So there's no way I get to know where we are going, is there?" You ask looking at her pointedly.

"Nope." She replies popping the 'p'. You sigh again and lean your head on the window for the rest of the drive. After about twenty minute she pulls into the parking lot of your other friend's bar.

"I am officially the most confused I've ever been, and I'm pretty sure that you are bat shit crazy." She laughed at you before the two of you head inside. When you get inside the lights are all off and your friend disappears into the darkness. Suddenly music starts to play, more specifically "Beautiful With You" by Halestorm. It's not the original version though, it's being performed by someone else. You recognize the sound as your best friends' band and notice that the music is coming from above you on the V.I.P. balcony. The song continues to play as a light begins to shine on the center of the floor and you notice the silhouette of a man under it.  As the song finished the light was shining completely on Bucky, who you had figured was going to be there the minutes you heard the song. He was smiling at you as you walked over to him. 

"Bucky, what is all this?" You ask, now exited but also even more confused than before.

"I had something really important that I needed to say to you and your friends agreed to help me." He said, gesturing at the balcony where all of you friends were leaning over the railing with smiles on their faces. "I wanted to tell you how much I love you. You have made me a better man and you have given me a better life in the time that I have known you. Every moment that I have spent with you has been incredible and I want to spend the rest of my life adding to those moments." Your breath hitched in your throat as Bucky got down on one knee in front of you pulling a ring from his pocket. Then behind him the stage lit up with the same question Bucky was about to ask you. "Will You Marry Me?" He asked. Your heart leaped into your throat and was beating faster than ever before.

"Y...yes. Absolutely yes." You say as you begin crying tear of happiness and Bucky places the ring on your fingers. He stands up and wraps his arms around you picking you up and swinging you around as you kiss each other. Behind you you can hear your friends cheering, and a camera going off a few times.

"Drinks all around." Your friend shouts and runs down to the bar. He grabs a bottle of champagne and pops the cork off as Bucky sets you down. Your friends gather around the two of you, and that's when you notice that Steve was there too. There are so many 'Congratulations' ringing in your ears that you don't even know where they are coming from. Glasses of champagne are poured and handed out, everybody was in full swing celebration mode. All you could really do though, was stare at Bucky and think about how lucky you were to have him in your life, and how much you couldn't wait to be married to him. Tonight was incredible and the future was going to just continue to get even better. Your future was with Bucky and it was the best future you could imagine.