40. Proposals - Clint

You had the day off, and unfortunately Clint did not. Luckily for you Natasha wanted someone to hang out with today and had asked you to spend the afternoon with her. You had just finished getting dressed for the day when your doorbell rang. You quickly ran to the door to get it, opening it to find Natasha on the other side.

"Hey (Y/N), are you ready?"

"Just give me sec to put on shoes and grab my bag?" You asked while stepping back inside and letting Natasha step into the apartment.

"No problem." She responded while going to take a seat on the couch while you grabbed your things. You slipped on your shoes and threw your bag over your shoulder. 

"Alright I am now prepared to take on 'girl's day out.'" You announced to Nat. She snickered and got up heading out with you to her car. It was a surprise to you when she ended up taking you the mall. "What are we doing here?"

"We're going shopping." She responded.

"You never go shopping."

"Well I am today, now let's go." She said dragging you out of the car and into the mall. She took you around the whole place, to every single women's clothing store you could find. Somehow she managed to convince you to try on at least one dress in every store, and you had no idea how she did it or why. You were having a good time though so you didn't protest too much, and that's how you ended in a an upscale boutique trying on an adorable deep purple dress. You were smiling at yourself, spinning around in front of the mirror before stepping out to show Nat. you stepped out of the dressing room to where Nat was waiting almost like an expectant boyfriend.

"What do you think?" You asked waiting for a positive response. Nat smiled widely at you before answering you.

"That's the one." She answered.

"The one for what?...Wait has the hole day been about me finding a dress for something? What are you up to Romanoff?" You began interrogating her, and she raised her arms in mock surrender.

"Woah, woah, woah. Yes I have been trying to get you to find a dress, and it is for something special, but I'm not the one who planned it. Okay?" You narrowed your eyes at her.

"Clint." She shrugged at you

"Come on, let's go get some matching shoes and pay for the dress. Let's not ruin Clint's surprise for you? Please?" 

"Alright, let's go." You smiled, giving in. Nat took you to get shoes to match the dress and pay for them with money Clint had given her. Then she had you change into the dress and get back in the car. By this time it was already dark out and you were ready to eat dinner, hoping that Clint's surprise involved food. Natasha drove around for quite awhile not telling you where you were headed until she parked by a familiar building.

"Well, I don't understand why Clint wanted me to drop you off here, but he said to and that you would know why." You grinned at her and nodded before stepping out of the car, you closed the door and winked at Nat before heading for the roof while she drove off. When you made it to the roof you found Clint waiting there with your favorite dinner and a glass of wine held out for you. You smiled before taking it from him.

"So this is your surprise Robin Hood? I have to admit it's pretty good, and thanks for the dress." Clint laughed lightly at this.

"I'm glad you like it and that is one gorgeous dress, though not as gorgeous as the girl wearing it, and this is only the first part of the surprise." 

"Oooh! Clint, be careful you might make a girl swoon." He laughed again reaching to wrap and arm around your waist pulling you towards him, placing a light kiss on your cheek. Then he led you to the table for dinner, where he pulled out your chair for you and as soon as you sat down clicked a button on is phone. As soon as he did soft music began playing and then he sat down in the chair next to you. The two of you toasted your special hide-away spot and your relationship before eating dinner. The meal lasted almost an hour because Clint kept joking around, making you laugh which distracted you from actually eating. This was perfectly okay for you though, because you loved it when he made you laugh like that. As you finished eating a familiar song came on, it was 'I Won't Let You Go' by Snow Patrol, your song. You smiled and looked at Clint who was already smiling at you as he held out his hand for you to take. You raised your eyebrow at him before taking his hand and he led you away from the table to a more open space. For one of the very rare times in your relationship Clint danced with you, and he danced with you all around the roof top until the song finished. When the song ended you stopped dancing and no more music played after that. You and Clint fell into a comfortable silence for a few minutes before he spoke."

"You remember how I said that dinner was just the first part of your surprise?" He asked staring at you somewhat sheepishly.

"I do recall that being mentioned." You sassed and he chuckled at you.

"Well the next part of the surprise involves me saying something really important to you." He paused as if waiting for a response and you nodded at him, your heart beating at a  million miles an hour at his words. "I love more than anyone or anything else in the entire world and I really hope that I have made that clear to you throughout the time we've been together. I fell in love with you faster than I thought possible and even though it took my head a little while to catch up to my heart, there is no doubt in my mind that my heart belongs to you completely. I want...I need to spend the rest of my life with you, loving you. So, there is a very important question to ask." Instead of continuing though he just pointed to his right at a building across from the one you two were standing on. You looked over to it and suddenly a bunch of the rooms lit up in a very specific formation. They made a heart and below it they spelled out the very question you were hoping for, 'Will you marry me?'

"Oh, Clint." You said before turning back to him. When you were facing him again he was on one knee in front of you with a ring held up to you. You smiled at him and nodded vigorously at him, completely speechless at the sight of him with the ring. When you nodded Clint's face broke out into the biggest smile you'd ever seen on him and he slid the ring onto your finger. Then he stood up and pulled you into his arms kissing you passionately. This was definitely the best surprise you could have hoped for.