Chapter one

Gabriella's PoV

I glared at my manager.
"What the heck? Why would you discuss this behind my back? I did not sign for this." I yell at Heidi.

"Gabriella, don't act like a brat. You are on the top right now. A little gala with America's hottest and most loved football player is just another star on your list." She says, massaging her temples. She better not get a headache because of me. She should have seen that coming.

"But Blake Darmetir? Blake Darmetir, Heidi, is also one of the most arrogant and sex addicted people." I throw my hands in the air. How could she do this?!

"Those are rumours, Gabby. Please don't make it harder than it is. You'll just have to stay next to him on the golden carpet. Just smile for the paps and that's it. What you do in the gala is not public." She argues. What's the point anyway?

"But why me? I never even wanted to attend a gala where you need a date." I sat back down on Heidi's office chair.
"I'm a model, Heidi. Not an actress." She shakes her head at me.

"Don't be so stubborn. Plus, a good model is a good actress. It comes with the job. You just have to smile, that's it. And if you do a good job, there might be a little surprise for you." She smirks at me, knowing she's caught my interest.

"What kind of surprise?" I ask and sit up straighter.
"Is it like a present? Or like, you know, maybe a party? Or a wellness day for two? Or maybe-" I get interrupted by Heidi's hand in my face, shutting me up. Rude.

"Uh uh. You are not going to know if you're not obeying my order. You are going to this gala tomorrow at evening. Now the thing is, I ordered a chauffeur who brings you to the Darmetir's mansion at eight in the morning. I spoke to his manager, who told me that you two still have to buy your outfits, seeing that Mr. Darmetir did not have any time, since his game was yesterday and he just got back from training camp. You are to choose suit and dress that looks perfectly together." She finishes.

"Wait, you're not even going to be there?" I ask in disbelief. Never did she let me go buy clothes by my own, nevertheless dresses. She shakes her head, no.
"B-but that means I'm also alone with him." I stutter.

"Now, don't act like you don't know him at all. You guys have met before." She shrugs. She's right, Blake Darmetir and I do indeed know each other from a previous photoshoot. Of course, it was a kind of sexual shoot for a famous magazine. We had to touch each other and all. After the shoot, he was being a real dick, trying get me in bed and all. I must say, his attempts were funny but unnecessary.

Which is the proof, that I know that those rumours about him are not only rumours. Well, not all of them at least. He is an arrogant flirt. He's attractive, yes but a pig as well.

"Fine. But the surprise better be worth it." With a last glare at my manager, I stand up and leave her office, hearing her shout a small 'thank you' after me.

I can't wait until tomorrow...smell the sarcasm.

~~~

It was a beautiful evening here in LA. I am currently sitting on the rooftop of my house. All by my own, because I just recently moved here and didn't have any time to meet new people.

I miss my family and friends back in Minnesota. I used to be a quiet and shy little girl. And look where I'm now. Laying on top of the world. My life growing up was not easy. We used to be on the slightly poor side.

Friends didn't know that, because we somehow managed to keep our heads over water for more than half of my life. My mom was depressive after my dad's death. My sister, Mercedes and I had to work until dawn to get some money in. Mom didn't have a clue and probably still doesn't.

After she found and married my stepdad, Richard, I was already 15. And from that on, life was going amazing. We had enough money for a house with enough rooms. Before that I had to share it with both, my mom and my sister. However, we were happy. Mom was better and Mercedes too. That's my main priority.

With the age of 17 I had a Photoshoot, that changed my whole life. I was a senior in school and didn't want to rely on my parent's money, so I decided to earn money myself, for college and all. This was the first time I met Blake Darmetir and my manager Heidi Grub.

Blake and I were asked to make some great poses, half naked may I add. He was being very touchy, which made me feel uncomfortable and awkward. Looking back at it now, it was our job. His job was it to touch me and mine was it to look turned on.

However, if he wouldn't have been such an ass about it afterwards, then maybe I wouldn't dislike him so much.

I sigh and sit up, looking at the sunset. My ice cream in the bowl next to me melting and just waiting for me to be put into my mouth. I am so lucky that I do a lot of sports. In school I was the captain of our dance group. For all of you, who say dancing is not a sport: It fucking is. I loved it and I still do. I just don't really have time for it here in L.A.

Maybe after the gala I get some time for it. Cause although I'm a model, I eat a lot because I just love food okay? Okay. Anyhow, it's late and I should probably go to bed now. Tomorrow is going to be hard with Darmetir. I just hope there will be another person, so that I'm not alone with him.