Chapter sixteen

How you doing hun? Cody and I are seated in the front row to your left. -Heidi

I quickly reply and focus back on my mirror reflection. I'm so nervous. The make up artists did a great job and I'm only waiting for Darmetir and the other male models to open the show.

How you doing? -Gabriella
Fine. You? -Darmetir
Nervous. -Gabriella
You dont have to b. you definitely look stunning. -Darmetir
I smile at that.

Gtg. See you then, kitten. -Darmetir
I smile and put my phone back into my purse. If he has to go, that means he's already opening. Just when the thought slips my mind, I hear the music start and quickly peek out at the people and the male models.

I smile when I see Darmetir in only shorts and sunglasses walking down the catwalk like a pro. They shaved his head and it fits him amazingly. I don't know if he could look bad in any haircuts. He's the first one to walk and winks at me after spotting me behind the curtains.

Okay, that's it. I'm sixth. With one last glance at the mirror, I stand behind the model who walks before me.
"Hey, I'm Anne." She turns around and smiles politely at me.

"I'm Gaby." I say, nervousness evident in my voice and she chuckles.
"You don't have to be nervous, hun. Just imagine that everybody out there forgot to put their clothes on and there you go." She smiles at me. It's times like these where I really appreciate humanity.

Although she doesn't know me, she feels the need to take away my nervousness. I smile back at her in a thankful matter.
"I'm still nervous though. I haven't done this before. I mean, I did have some catwalks, but this is my something else." I admit.

"I know. This is my third year that I'm doing this. And I remember the first year was horrible." She laughs as she remembers her first time at the fashion week.
"I actually tripped and tried to stand up again. Then I tripped and so on. That moment was actually quite funny, looking back at it now." She explains and my eyes widen.

I think I actually saw that clip. It was quite famous for the time being. As I remember it, I actually laugh. I quickly cover my mouth and look down.

"It's alright. It's funny. And I'm sure you'll do amazing. I was still new into the modelling business, when I first came here. You are too, but you have that will. That fire in your eyes. I can see it. And I think there's someone else who does." She smirks and looks at something behind me. Or more like, somebody behind me.

I turn around and sure enough, I see Darmetir exciting the men's changing room, with that shaved head of his. Damn, did it get hot in here?

I turn back around and frown at Anne.
"What do you mean?" I ask.
"Everybody saw that wink. There's something going on, isn't it?" She asks me. What am I supposed to say, now?

I don't feel like telling her no, because I don't want to lie to her. But I can't really tell her the truth now, can I? I mean I could say something like: yeah, I mean, not really. Our bosses kind of made a deal and want the media to know, that we're a couple. So that we'll be in the news and magazines and get all the attention. But in reality, the status is complicated. Whilst he's a total flirt and I really can't figure out what he wants, I'm totally uptight but whenever I'm with him, I am angry at my independence as a woman and let said anger out on him. Oh and by the way, he's like the hottest man I've ever seen. So, yeah...and how is your day going? But that's just weird, so I decide to just shrug at her.

"Well at least your not denying it. But come on, you're into him, right?" Her smirks grows wider.
"I don't know, seriously. Sometimes, he's just so...so-"
"Hot? Sexy? Incredibly handsome?" She interrupts me.
"I guess. But if you tell him, I'll-"
"No need to scare me. I won't tell him. Nor will I touch him." She says and I frown.

"I didn't say anything about touching."
"Sure you didn't say it, but I bet you thought it." She smiles innocently.
"Oh, shut up. You can have him, if you want to." I shrug. Pff, who cares about Darmetir? Me? Pshh, no.

"Alright girls, listen up." A loud voice interrupts is.
"My name is Lorenzo Milano. The outfits you're currently wearing are designed by me." He gets a quick applause for that and I look down on what I'm wearing. It's a cute black ripped jeans and a white blouse. I'm wearing a blue jacket over the blouse and I remember the make up artists applying red lipstick. It looks amazing.

"I want you guys to feel good in my clothes. I want you to feel how you look, because you guys look amazing. Don't be nervous. If you trip, you trip. If not, then not. Just be happy, smile and walk as if nobody's watching." He smiles at the end and we all nod.

He actually took away some of the nervousness. Anne helped me as well. I turn back to her.
"Thank you for taking away my nervousness. You're a cool person." I tell her.
"You're cool too. Maybe we should do something afterwards? What hotel are you staying in?" She asks. I tell her my hotel name.

"Well, maybe I'll give you my number after the show. I can't even pronounce that hotel." She laughs.
"I know, right? But sure, it'd be amazing to do something after the show." I smile at her and she nods. Just when she's about to say something, the music starts and the designer yells 'go'.

Oh shit, this is it. Don't freak out. Have fun and don't trip. One step, right foot. Next step, left foot. Okay, I got it. Here we go...