Chapter thirty nine

"Yeah." I roll my eyes at Blake's monotone answer. For the past two hours he's been like this.
After our fight on Friday, after his game, he stopped talking to me. Properly, that is.

When I asked him how he was he answered with a short 'fine' and dropped the conservation. I'm trying hard not to snap at him, but it's really frustrating. Even right now, he seems like he didn't care about anything.

We're currently sitting in an interview and Blake has been answering the questions with only one word. He is still holding my hand, but there's nothing. When he used to take my hand in previous interviews, I felt the connection. If you get what I mean, but right now, nothing.

"Alright. Uh- well, thank you for being here tonight. I hope we'll see each other again." The interviewer says and shakes my hand. Blake shakes his hand shortly and I hear the interviewer sigh.

I feel bad for him actually. He seemed so enthusiastic at the very beginning of the interview. I could actually see how frustrated he got with Blake's short answers.

Angrily, I walk over to Heidi and Cody. This interview is held in a hotel. And I still have to drive home to make some dinner for Anne and her boyfriend. Then I'll pick them up from the airport. I'm so happy, I get to see Anne again.

But my mood changed, since this interview was horrible and just wasting my time. I mean, seriously? Blake just made it awkward and cold.

"Hey, how was it?" Heidi asks when I'm standing in front of her.
"Stupid." I say and she frowns.
"What?" I was about to answer when Blake stands next to me. I bite my cheek from snapping and angrily look the other way.

"Are we done here?" I hear him ask Cody. Heidi frowns at the both of us.
"Hold on. What happened now?" Heidi asks suspiciously.
"What do you mean?" I ask her.

"What happened between you two?" She pushes and I glare at her.
"Nothing." I answer.
"What happened, Blake?" I hear Cody ask him.
"Nothing." He says as well and I roll my eyes.

"Gabriella Maria Duncan, look at me." Heidi demands and I roll my eyes one more time but obey.
"What?" I snap.
"Why are you angry? What the heck happened in there?" She asks and I shrug. It's less about what happened in there, than what happened in general.

"I really don't know what you're talking about. I need to leave now. You know why, so see you tomorrow." I quickly excuse and make a move to leave, but she holds me back.

"Not so fast. Now that I think about it, you haven't talked in ages. Not even glanced at each other in the car. I demand to know what happened and whether it is ruining this deal or not." She hisses the both of us. I glance at Blake, catching him glancing at me too, so I drop my gaze again.

"I'm waiting." Heidi says impatiently. I sigh and suck on my teeth, while playing with my fingernails.
"It seriously is nothing. I don't get what your waiting for." I say.
"If there's nothing wrong between you two, then look at each other." She demands and that's it for me.

"I don't have time for this. See you tomorrow, Heidi." This time, I actually get out of the building, completely ignoring all the paparazzi and reporters. Well, I didn't know what impact it would have the next day.

I drove home, prepared dinner, took a walk with Percy and drive to the airport to pick Anne and her boyfriend up. I spotted Anne immediately. The thing about her, is that she has a very unique taste in clothing. It's not that unique but just new and interesting for me.

"Hey." I smile and hug her, getting the colourful feathers of her jacket under my fingers. I look around after pulling back.
"Where's your boyfriend?" I ask and she shakes her head, something flickering in her eyes.

"We broke up. Turns out he cheated on me. Big surprise there, really." She tells me and my eyes widen.
"Alright. We're going to my place, you'll sleep there. No way am I letting you sleep in a hotel here all by yourself. Then we'll eat and talk. Sounds good?" I ask her and she nods.

"God, I missed you." She hugs me again and I chuckle and help her with the suitcases. I missed her too.

~~~

"What an asshole." I hear Anne say.
"Yeah, but you don't need him in your life." I tell her and she looks at me confused, before laughing.
"I meant Blake."

"Oh. I know. But I kind of understand him. You should've seen his face, when we had that argument. He was really pissed and frustrated. I'm trying to bring it up again, but I'm also scared of how he'll react. I mean, it's not like he's totally wrong, but I think he took it the wrong way." I say and settle down next to her on the couch.

We just finished eating and talking about her ex. That asshole cheated on her with one of his colleges.

"You can't really force him to listen to you. I think it's good that you two took a break from each other. I mean, he definitely loves you, b-"
"Wow, wow, wow. Who says he loves me?" I interrupt her and she smirks.

"Well, according to the stories you told me, he definitely cares about you. And now, seeing how upset he is about the fact that you think it's all for show, I think he has it bad. And you too. You just don't know that yet." She tells me.
"You're joking right?" I ask. Blake and me? No, never. I mean, there's definitely attraction involved and when he kisses me, I just melt away, but love? No.

"I think your just afraid to settle down." She continues.
"I'm not." I glare at her and she raises an eyebrow, laughing.
"Okay, okay. Let's drop the topic. I feel like you're going to let me sleep on the porch, if we don't." She jokes and I smile again and shake my head.

"You know me too well." I smirk and spend the rest of the night with Anne and Percy. Just talking and having a good time.