Chapter eighteen

"So, tell me about yourself." Anne says, once we're seated.
"Well, where do I start?" I chuckle.
"How about the start." No shit, Sherlock.

"Alright, so I'm born and raised in Minnesota. I dance for fun and I enjoy doing sports. I have a sister named Mercedes. My mother is Hispanic and I speak spanish fluently. I am a model and yeah. That's it." I say and she nods.

"How about you?" I ask curious about who she is and where she lives. I caught a little accent earlier, when she spoke in the car, but maybe I just imagined it.

"Well, I was born and raised in Romania, well I was born there and came to America when I was four years old. I don't have any siblings, unfortunately. I do have a father, who somehow managed to be divorced three times." She chuckles when my eyes widen.

"I'm modelling since I'm 18. When did you start?" She asks me. And that is how the dinner went. Anne is simply amazing. I learned that she's a little older than me, but that's alright. You're friends by heart not by age.

I also found out that her mom died shortly after her birth. She has a boyfriend and lives in Florida. I was kind of sad, that she didn't live in my area at all.
But we promised to Skype and keep in touch after this week.

And actually, on Thursday, we are going to have a lady's day. Because she's got a day off as well. I'm so excited.

"Hello?" I ask after stepping into the hotel suit. Today was a long day. It's already ten p.m.

I turn on the lights in the living room as well as the bedroom.
I frown when I see no sign of Darmetir. Whatever, I'm not up for this right now. I need to sleep, so I turn off the lights after removing all my make up. I quickly changed into my sleep attire and get under the sheets.

Today was amazing. I can't wait for the next days. I don't know if I'll be as nervous as I was today, but I'll probably shit my pants again. Not literally, of course. I mean, I hope. Har har. I yawn and finally get to sleep.

~~~

"Fuck." I hear somebody hiss after the door opens loudly. I hear the door slam shut even louder and jump out of bed.
"Who is there?" I yell and turn the bed light on. I groan at Darmetir, who looks like he's just been caught doing something naughty.

"Ehh, hi." He scratched his neck.
"Where have you been?" I place my hands on my hips.
"Somewhere." He avoids my gaze.
"And that is where?"
"Doesn't matter." He mutters and I look away. It's not even my business, why do I feel betrayed?

He takes his shirt and jeans off, while I lay back down on the bed and get under the covers. I feel the bed dip and close my eyes. He hovers above me to turn the lights off. I feel him looking at me in the dark, before laying back down on his side. Minutes pass and I already close my eyes, ready to fall asleep.

"Kitten?" He asks and I groan.
"What?"
"Do you ever look at the stars and think that we're not alone?" He asks and I frown. I quickly turn the bed light on again and look at him. His eyes are glassy.

"Are you- are you high?" I ask and he looks away.
"No, I'm not." He murmurs.
"Of course you are. Look at me."
"Go to sleep." He turns around.
"No way. Is that where you've been? Are you stupid?" I yell and he groans.

"It was just a little blunt. Don't be over dramatic." He rolls his red eyes.
"Over dramatic? Darmetir, do you know this country? You could have been fooled, for Pete's sake." I sit up in bed.

"Please, go to sleep." He turns around and I push him. I quickly cover my mouth when he rolls off the bed. He lands with a loud 'hoomph'. I look over the edge and laugh. I quickly cover my mouth and my eyes widen when he stands up and rubs his head.

"Oh, that's funny to you?" He asks seriously and I quickly shake my head, no.
"I think it is." He slowly approaches me on the bed. I back away, but he's too fast and grabs my waist. I giggle and he hovers above me, while tickling me.

"Stop!" I yell.
"Say it."
"Sssay whatt?" I say in between laughter.
"My name." His hands move upwards to my neck.
"I like your hair." I giggle.
"I don't." I struggle to get a grip of his arms.

"Please, I can'tttt." I breath out.
"You can't what, kitten?"
"Breathe." I laugh and he stops tickling me and pins my hands above my head on the bed. I breath heavily, locking eyes with him. His breath is just as unsteady as mine.

"Will you tell me why you'd do that?" I ask after a minute of silence. He rolls his eyes and gets off me.
"And there I thought we could have wild sex in Paris." He jokes as he turns the lights off again and lays back down next to me.

"Blake." I say seriously.
"I don't know." He mutters. I keep shut.
"Do you really like my hair?" I laugh at that.
"Go to sleep."
"We didn't get to talk today, at all." He says.
"Today was a busy day." I shrug.
"Yeah but I wanted to talk to you." He whispers.
"About what?"
"Us." I smile at this.
"You mean, the fake us."
"Yeah, whatever." He murmurs.

"So what about us?" I ask.
"I don't know. Is like the real us just friends?" He asks.
"I don't know. Are you getting thoughtful when you're high?" I joke and he chuckles.
"I'm not that high anymore. I just met with some people I knew from previous visits here in Paris. I didn't plan on smoking today." He admits.

"Just don't do it again. If you got busted by the police or something, your career would be over." I reason. Plus, I don't like it, but he wouldn't care about my opinion, right?

"And there I thought you care about my health." I roll my eyes and slap his chest. When did he pull his shirt off? I hear him yawn and seconds later he pulls me towards him, his arms around my waist a tight but comfortable grip.

"Good night, babe." He says and I laugh at the nickname.
"Good night."