Chapter five

"God damn it! What the fuck is your problem? You got the dress, so why am I getting the silent treatment?" Darmetir sighs after ten minutes into the ride. I just ignore him and continue looking at the road. I'm again sitting in the passenger seat, with Darmetir in the back and Mike next to me, driving.

I hear Mike silently laughing at us. Oh god. How immature I must look right now. But I just can't help it. It's either me snapping at him or giving him the silent treatment for deciding stuff behind my back. Plus it was way too much money. I don't feel comfortable when somebody buys me gum. Now how should I feel when the person I dislike the most, buys me a dress for 300.000$?

"You're acting really mature, right now." He had the nerve to comment from the backseat.
"Shut up." I snap and turn the radio on. He mutters something again, before leaning back in his seat.

The rest of the ride is silent. When we arrive at Darmetir's mansion, Mike steps out to open both of our doors. I thank him and give him some money. He nods at me in appreciation.
I just smile at him and watch him step into the car and drive away.

"C'mon, kitten. I'll show you-"
"Don't call me that." I interrupt him. Rude, I know but he should learn how to respect people's wishes.

He gives me a strange look, before glaring at me. And before I know it, he grips my arm and pulls me into the mansion. I glare at his backside.

"I can walk by my own. Let my arm go, Darmetir." I sneer at him, but he shakes his head.
"I'll show you your room. Don't worry, I'll be gone afterwards." He growls without looking at me.

"Thank god." I snap and his breathing becomes faster. I gulp, thinking he'll snap any second. Maybe I've been a little too bitchy today. It is already 4 o'clock and we have to look like a couple at 8.

So, I swallow my pride and lay a hand on his back. Oh shit. His back is more than just muscular. He stops mid step on the staircase, but doesn't turn around. I close my eyes and sigh. Here we go.

"I-I'm sorry. I shouldn't have acted so bitchy the whole day. We need to at least look like we can stand each other on the golden carpet." I finish and he turns around, smirking.
"I know a method to bound, kitten." He says, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Are you for real right now? Is that all you can think of?" I ask in disbelief.
"I mean, you're hot. I would definitely do you." He shrugs and I blink a few times.

"Plus, it would make the time go by faster. And when I'm finished with you, you don't even know a reason to dislike me anymore." He had the nerve to take my chin in his hands.

I gasp and slap his cheek. You could probably hear the echo of the impact in Asia. He stumbles backwards while holding his red cheek. He deserved it. He frowns at me, before glaring and clenching his jaw. Damn.

"Did you just fucking slap me?!" He asks in disbelief.
"You deserved it." I glare back.
"Woman, I only flirted!" He yells.
"Flirted? That was way more than just flirting. Plus, even flirting with me is inappropriate." I snap.

"Why? You got a boyfriend?" He asks and rubs his cheek. He seems to calm down again and I frown.
"That's none of your business." I say and he laughs.
"As if anybody would volunteer to be with somebody like you. Excuse my question. I didn't think about it." He dismisses me and I go for another slap but he grabs my arm.

"Careful, kitten." He growls and I glare at him.
"Asshole." I insult him.
"Uptight bitch." He says back and I push him.
"I hate you." I sneer and he forces out a laugh.
"The feeling's mutual." Without another look, he turns around and continues walking up the stairs.

Oh, Heidi. This surprise better be fucking worth it.

~~~

"I want to know. I want to know if this is even worth it." I groan into the phone, making my manager chuckle.
"Don't act childish, now. Just bear with him, he can't be that bad." She says and I snort.

"He hates me and I hate him. I still don't know why you chose him as my date. Everybody with eyes is going to see that we are definitely not dating." I sigh, running an exhausted hand through my hair.

That idiot brought me into this room. It is quite nice actually. I took a nap an hour ago, but I'm still tired. Besides that, I'm bored. Maybe I should find this Cody guy. He seemed nice.

"It's your job to make it seem like you do. If not, then you won't even get to know what the surprise is. And I know that you're too curious to chicken out. You can act, I know that." She says. I think she's getting impatient now. I don't want to act like a brat. Gosh, what has gotten into me? I never give up. I never complain about stuff. I really need to visit my family again.

"You're right. I'm sorry. I'm just tired, I guess. Will you be there at the gala?" I ask her.
"Yes. I'll arrive before you. When you come in, I'll embrace you and tell you wether you did a great job or not." She chuckles and I smile.

"Alright. Then I guess I'll see you then."
"Okay. See you there, honey. Bye." She says and I hang up.
Okay, so it is currently 6:45 and the make up artists are supposed to be here any second. I sit back down on the couch and rub my eyes, just when the door opens and the make up artist step in. With a small smile they introduce themselves and get to work.

Today has already been tiring and the evening did not even start yet. I really hope I can act like I 'like' Darmetir. I just need to get back into my serious business mode. I can not let my hatred against him get the best of me.

And if it's the last thing I'll do, I'll make the paps think that we are dating.