Chapter twenty nine

I wake up the next morning. Pretty early, since I fell asleep at five p.m. or something. Anyways, I'm happy because that means no one's up yet and I can do what I'm most excited for.
Dance.

We have a whole dance area in the basement. I already told you that I was captain of our school's dancing crew. My mom loved to see me dance, so on my 18th birthday she gave me a whole area in the basement.

I quickly change my tampon, before changing into my dancing clothes. It was not easy getting out of bed today, with Blake's huge arm wrapped around me, but I managed.

When I get downstairs I sigh and turn the lights on. There it is. My favourite place in this world. Whenever I was sad or just angry, I used to come down here and just dance to my feelings.

I look at the clock. It's 5:50 a.m. right now. So, I should probably turn the volume very low. And I did. The first song that comes on is a classic: happy, by Will Ferrell. I smile and dance my old routine to the song. Most of the songs are still from high school.

I keep dancing until drip drop, by the empire cast comes on. I silently squeal. I love this song so much. And the dance is quite dirty, which just makes it better. I start with my hands roaming over my body and move my upper body part to the right slowly and then to the left.

Then I move it down, so that I'm bending over. I start moving my butt while getting up. Once I'm up and the music gets faster, I roll my hips to the beat and continue my routine until...
"Holy fuck." I hear a deep and raspy voice say. I jump and stop dancing.

"Blake? What are you doing here?" I ask, blushing furiously.
"I-"
"How long have you been standing there?" I turn the music off. He scratches his neck.
"I just came when you, uh. When you started dancing to this song. I didn't want to interrupt, but I-"

"You what? Felt creepy watching me dance?" I place my hands on my hips. His eyes travel down to my hips and stop at my legs.
"Blake?!" I push him slightly.
"I'm sorry, okay? And I didn't watch you, like a creep. I just heard the music and wanted to see what was happening." He shrugs and I roll my eyes.

"Whatever." I murmur and walk past him to the bathroom. I need a shower. I didn't even realize that the sun was up already. How long did I dance?
I hear his footsteps following me but before I'm up the stairs, he passes me and gets into my old room, without another word.

What was that? I shake my head. No time for his bipolar ass now. I quickly get into the shower. After taking a hot and long shower, it is already breakfast time. I can smell my mother's famous bacon and eggs. I smile when I see my mom, dad and sister chatting with Blake on the table.

"There you are. Come on, eat. You have a lot to tell." My mom says and I smile at her and nod. Wait, what if they ask how we-
"You still haven't told us how you guys met." My dad says after I settled down next to Blake. Shit.

"Yeah. That's because Blake loves to tell the story. Right, honey?" I smile at Blake, who seems shocked but covers it up with a cough.
"Sure." He answers and everybody looks at him expectantly, even me.

Minutes pass and he still hasn't talked.
"Oh, you want me to tell you right now. Alright." He says and the table chuckles.
"So. It was just recently actually. We had a photoshoot together. Like two weeks ago. Brand new, the photos aren't even up yet. And yeah, she stole my heart the second we saw each other." He finishes and my mom awws along with my sister.

"And how was it for you? Did he steal your heart too?" Mom asks me with love in her eyes.
"Yes he did." I lie and take his hand in mine. She looks so happy, I just can't tell her the truth.

"I must say, Blake. When I first saw that Gabriella was together with a famous football player, who just happens to be known for his independence, how I like to put it, I wasn't really impressed." My dad says and I feel Blake squeeze my hand.

"I know that I've got quite the reputation for myself. But I assure you, those are only rumours." He answers and I almost snorted. I drop his hands and start eating whilst my dad and Blake start talking about football.

After breakfast, I decided to go shopping with Mercedes. I haven't seen her in so long.
"You ready?" I ask her and she nods. I just love my teenager sister.

~~~

"How was it?" My mom asks after I put the shopping bags down on the couch in the living room.
"Exhausting." I sigh and she chuckles.

"Blake is upstairs. He told me, you guys would eat outside for lunch. I think he's been waiting for you, that cutie. I'm making spaghetti with meet balls for dinner today, so don't eat too much." She tells me. We are eating out for lunch, huh?
"Alright. I'll go get him." I say and get up the stairs.

"I know...Yeah...Tomorrow...I can't today, I'm in Minnesota...I know, coach...I'll make it up to you...monday, I promise...bye." I hear when I near the room. I open my door and see Blake standing there with his hands in his short hair.

"We're eating out?" I ask Blake and he turns around. I think he didn't even hear me come in.
"I guess. I thought it would look more believable for your parents." He says. Of course. Why would I think that he'd actually want to eat lunch with me.

"You ready?" He asks and I nod.
"Let's go then." He says, but it sounds like a 'let's get it over with'.