Chapter eight

"Why aren't you guys leaving with us?" I ask Cody and Heidi. We decided to leave, seeing that the gala is almost over and I'm tired as hell. Heidi told me to leave with Darmetir and I really don't want to be alone with him again.

"Because, it's a bit weird if we go home with you. For public eye you need to look like you're dating. If we drive in the same car as you, that would just look weird." Cody explains and I nod. I'm too tired to talk back, so I let Darmetir put his arms around my waist after saying good bye.

"Ready?" He asks me and I nod. He leads us towards the car. We're back on the golden carpet and there are still paparazzi everywhere. I smile at the camera and fasten my pace. Darmetir seems unfazed by everything and follows me with his arm still around my waist.

"Are you two going home together?"
"When are you gonna make it public?"
"How do you know each other?"
I sigh in relief when we finally get into the car. Darmetir chuckles next to me.

The whole ride is silent and somehow I managed to fall asleep in the car...

~~~

I wake up the next morning, feeling energized and for some reason happier. I frown when I realize, that I'm not in my bed. Even though it's dark, I can feel the different mattress under me.
I rub my eyes. Wow, this bed is comfy.

I look around and all I see is dark. Big surprise there, really.
I slowly stand up from the bed and take some steps forward. I rich the walls and drawers. After what feels like hours in the dark, I feel curtains and pull them apart. I instantly shut my eyes at the brightness.

What kind of curtains are these? They hide light like a metallic wall. I turn around and look at the huge room. It seems familiar and it only takes me a second to realize where I am. Darmetir...

I walk into the attached bathroom and run a hand through my messy hair. Whatever, I'll call Mike to pick me up. Just when I'm stepping out of the bathroom to look for my phone, the door opens.

"Finally. You're awake." The devil smirks. Shoot... I mean, I knew he had muscles, but this wife beater shirt plus his briefs? Damn, I could take a bite out of that.
"Like what you see?" His smirk grows wider and I blush.

"I'm guessing I fell asleep in the car?" I ask him, looking for my purse.
"Yep. What are you doing?" He asks me, still leaning against the doorway.

"I'm looking for my purse." I say.
"Oh, it's in the kitchen. I figured you wanted to eat something for breakfast, so I asked the cook to make you some." He says and before I can say something, he turns around and leaves.

Knowing I'll probably get lost alone, I follow him like a lost puppy.
"You shouldn't have asked him. I'm not even hungry." I tell him, walking next to him. My stomach takes this second to betray me and growls. I blush under his gaze when he chuckles.

"C'mon." He leads me down into the kitchen. I gasp at the view of bacon and toast and eggs. Just what I wanted.
"We also have cereal or oatmeal, if you don't want that." He says, sitting down and putting eggs and bacon on his plate.

I follow his actions when I sit down in front of him.
"I'm gonna drive you home afterwards." He says and I shake my head.
"There's no need. I'll just call Mike." I say, taking a bite of my toast.

"Nah, it's fine." He says.
"But-"
"Can't you just be thankful for a second? I said it was fine, so let me dive you home." He snaps and I flinch before glaring him. I finish eating and washing my plates.

"Tell your cook, it was delicious. Thank you, but may I have my purse?" I ask him, standing behind him.
"I'll hand it to you in the car. Wouldn't want you to get any ideas." He smirks and stands up as well, putting dishes in the sink.

I roll my eyes at him. Would it be so hard to just wash them? But it's none of my business.
"Let me change first, then we can leave." He says and I nod. After he is out if my sight, I start searching for my purse. He said it would be in the kitchen, so where is it?

I was too focused on the foot to even realize how big and beautiful this kitchen is. It's modern and bright. If I had a kitchen like this, I'd cook every day. I was still busy, gawking at the kitchen when I heard footsteps behind me.

"You ready?" He asks and I turn around to see him standing five feet away from me with my purse in his hand. His clothes make me look at my own clothes that I'm wearing. There's not really much I'm wearing other than a gigantic t-shirt, that's going to my knees. I gasp.

"Did you change me?" I ask him and he scratches his neck.
"Uh, somebody had to. Or would you prefer to sleep in your 300.000$ dress?" He answers. Oh god. I blush and avert my gaze to the ground.

"Can we leave now? Your manager already told me where you live." I nod and follow him to the car. My eyes widen at the car. A black and matt range rover. I love those cars. Excitedly I get into the passenger seat and frown when Darmetir steps in next to me.

"Don't you have a chauffeur?" I ask and he frowns me.
"Yeah I do. But I can drive my own. Now put your seatbelt on, kitten." He smirks and starts the car. I glare at him for using the nickname again.

"Can I get my purse now?"
"When we're at your house." He answers and I roll my eyes.

"Did I tell you how annoying you are?" I ask him, making him chuckle.
"Just about a thousand times."