Chapter twenty four

Gabriella's PoV

"You were amazing." Heidi congratulates me when I approach her.
"Thank you."

"Seriously, you were amazing. You totally killed me at the end." Cody jokes and I chuckle and say thanks. I don't even look at Blake. He's still mad at me and I really don't need any comments about my fat body or something.

"Don't forget, you are already leaving for the restaurant." Heidi pushes me towards Blake.
"Oh, okay." I frown. So we're not going to change?
"Come on." Blake murmurs and sighs at the look of the paparazzi in front of the back door.

I gulp and he pulls me towards him and wraps his arms around me, tighter than usual. My heart bumps faster but I have to remember that this is only show. We make it into the car, which seems to confuse some reporters and papz.

Blake starts the engine and drives off. He doesn't look at me, nor does he talk to me. I sigh and look at the road. Paris is so beautiful. I'm actually very sad, that we're leaving tonight.

"You know that we'll have to look like a couple at the restaurant." I tell him.
"So?" He glances at me and tightens his grip on the steering wheel. Wow, I didn't know he was that mad at me.

"Well, if you're still mad-"
"I'm not." He interrupts me.
"Are you sure?" I frown.
"Yeah." He glances at me again and if possible he tightens his grip even more.
"Okay." I say unsure.

"I mean, you definitely don't see why I'm mad." He says.
"You're right, I don't." I roll my eyes. Here we go again.
"Lose the attitude." He growls.
I'm about to snap back but remember that one of us has to be the adult.

"Don't have one." I say calmly and bite my inner cheek.
"Better." He says and clinches his jaw, maybe because the steering wheel is already in a dead grip.

After some more minutes, he parks in front of the restaurant and looks at me expectantly.
"What?" I ask.
"Are you going to change, or what?" He asks and I frown at him. Change?

"Your dress. Heidi told us it was a fancy restaurant. We'll have to change for it in the car." He motions towards the backseat. I didn't even see that.

"Why couldn't we just change in the hotel?" I groan.
"How am I supposed to know?" He shrugs with a hint of amusement. He knows something I don't.

I groan and hand him the suit. After he takes it, I crawl to the back and look at my dress. It's a cute night dress. Does he expect me to change in front of him?
"Get out." I say. Good thing the windows are black from outside.

"No, why?" He smirks.
"Blake." I grit my teeth.
"I can't. I have to see if you look good in it. Plus, you're a model. I've seen a lot of you already." He smirks, knowing he has a point. I blush and take my clothes off, quickly.

He clinches his jaw and gets busy with his own suit. Thankfully, he doesn't look at me while I'm changing.
"Can you zip it up?" I ask him and he clears his throat before answering.

"Sure." He says and turns around to zip my dress.
"Thank you." I say and turn around. He nods and I laugh at his tie.
"Who taught you how to tie a tie?" I ask him and he actually blushes. That's the second time today.

"My dad, actually. I- normally, I'm good at it." He bites his lip when I tie his tie for him.
"Thanks." He says in a deep voice and I nod. I crawl back next to him and he opens his door.
"Wait here." He orders and I frown when he goes around the car and opens my side.

"Thanks." I blush and let him take my hand. He leads me towards the restaurant.
We quickly get into our seats next to the window. Not long and people are going to notice who we are and paparazzi will arrive.

"What do you want to drink?" Blake asks me and I shrug.
"I don't know. I guess I'll just take water." I tell him and he nods.
"No wine?" He asks.
"No."
"Oh, I forgot. You had enough yesterday." He murmurs.

"Here you go again." I say.
"What? I didn't say anything." He says.
"Was I drunk yesterday?" I snap.
"Why should I care?" He avoids my eyes.
"Exactly, why should you care? Stop being bipolar and grow up." I sneer.

"I'm bipolar? You don't even know what that means." He growls.
"Oh, I don't? I'll tell you-" I get interrupted by my phone ringing.

"What?" I snap.
"What are you guys doing? You're not smiling at each other. Concentrate on that." I hear Heidi say and look around.
"Don't look for us. We're far away. Just smile and hold hands." She says. I look at a pissed Blake.

"That is not going to be easy. Mister grumpy pants decided to throw a fit again." I smirk at Blake's expression.
"Give him the phone." Heidi says and I do. He glares at it then back at me, before taking it.

"Okay, calm down....Yeah, I will....Okay, bye.....Okay.....yes....bye.....Okay...Okay.....bu- she hung up." He hands me the phone. I take it and put it back into my purse. I feel eyes on me when Blake smiles. That means we have our first paparazzi somewhere.

"Did I tell you how beautiful you looked today." Blake smiles at me. If I wouldn't know it was fake, I would definitely blush again.
"No, but I don't care about your opinion. I mean you called me fat." I smile back at him.

"I didn't." His smile seems more forced now.
"Whatever." I look back at the menu card. I hear him sigh and feel him take my hand.
"Gabriella." He says and I look at him.
"You really did look beautiful today." He tells me and I nod at him, smiling.

Dinner went on with me and Blake smiling like a couple at each other. I think I even ate frog, but I'm not sure.
I hear both of our phones buzz and drop Blake's hand to get it. He reads the message at the same time as I do.

'Kiss. Now.'