Chapter thirty one

"Concentrate on getting a good lawyer instead of yelling at him, Cody." I say. I'm right, aren't I? What is the point of yelling at him? He's already having a bad day.

"Yeah. I know. I'm sorry you had to hear that. I'm just... I don't know." Cody sighs.
"You don't have to apologize. I get it. I just think that he already knows what mess he's in right now. What's the point? In the end he'll probably cry." I joke and hear Cody chuckle.

"I've never actually seen him cry, now that you mentioned it." He says and I look at Blake with my mouth agape. He's watching me intensively. 'Never?' - I mouth to him and he shakes his head, a small smile playing on his lips.

"I don't believe that." I turn back to the phone.
"Seriously. He's never cried in all those years that I know him. You probably won't either." He says and I smirk at Blake who turns red. I remember that one time in Paris, the first time we actually bonded. It seems like a lot has changed in not even two weeks.

"Actually, Cody-"
"Okay, we gotta go. Bye." Blake quickly hangs up the phone. I laugh at his red face.
"Thank you." He says and I nod.
"I still don't approve with your action." I tell him seriously.
"I know. Me neither. I'm sorry." He smiles sadly.

"I didn't even get something to eat." I joke and he laughs when we pull up in my house street.
"I'm sorry." He says again.
"Stop apologizing." I groan.
"I'm so- so hungry, too. Let's ask your mom if she can cook something. I'd do it my own, but it's not my kitchen and I have no idea what ingredients she has." He says and I frown at him.

"You cook?" I ask.
"Of course. Just because I'm a man doesn't mean I can't do stuff in the house. I actually iron my own clothes too." He tells me proudly. I laugh and just like that I'm happy again.

"Alright. As long as we ask politely, I'm sure she'll cook dinner earlier." I say and he nods. Minutes later we're in the kitchen.
"Actually. I have to tell you something." Blake states, when I wash my hands.

"What is it?" I turn to him. He scratches his neck and I frown. Did something happen?
"The other reason why I want your mom to cook dinner now, is because we'll have to fly back tonight. I missed one week of training and coach really doesn't like that." He informs me.

"I get that you have to fly back. But why do I have to come with you? I could just fly back with a normal plane." I frown and step closer to him.
"I don't want you to fly alone. It's way safer with my jet." He says. Seriously?

"I think I'm just as good with a public plane." I glare at him. Is he playing protective boyfriend now?
"So you're not coming with me?" He asks and I shake my head.
"You know what, I'm not even hungry anymore. I'll go pack my stuff." He snaps and runs upstairs.

I groan and follow him. What is wrong with us? Why can't we get along for one day?
"Why are you so angry?" I close my door after following him inside.
"Angry? I'm not angry." He says, while packing his suitcase.

"Of course you are. I don't even get why you don't want me to fly in a public plane." I tell him, lowering my voice, since my parents are downstairs.
"I said I'm not angry. Therefore I don't have a problem with you flying in a public plane. I just don't like it. Do what you want. I don't care anymore." He growls at me.

"You know what? Fuck you and your moody pants. The whole day you've been acting weird. Get it out on me, why don't you?" I sneer at him when he closes his suitcase and pulls his phone out, ignoring me. He clinches his jaw when he receives a text and without looking at me, he takes his suitcase and gets downstairs.

I follow him downstairs, where I find him talking with my parents and sister in the hallway.
"I'm really sorry. But my coach called me. It's important that I get back into training." He says and my parents nod understanding.

"I hope you liked it here. I'm sorry that you didn't get to taste my famous spaghetti with meet balls." My mom jokes and hugs him. He chuckles and I glare at him when he catches sight of me. He smiles at my sister and ruffles her hair playfully.

"Bye." She says and Blake turns to my dad.
"It was nice meeting you. I hope you save me a ticket when you have a game here." My dad jokes and Blake chuckles and shakes his hand.

Blake turns to me.
"Could you help me with my suitcase, kitten?" He asks and I nod. Gosh, how much I hate him right now. He could at least wait until mom finished the food.
"I hate you, right now." I tell him, on the way to his cab. Out of hearing range of my parents, who are probably watching us through the curtains.

"I know." He says and loads the suitcases in the trunk.
"You could've waited until she cooked the food. It is just rude of you, for doing this." I sneer.
"I guess it is. But is better if I go now, because if not, they'll definitely feel the tension between us two, Gabriella." He growls.

"There wouldn't even be any tension, if you wouldn't be so stubborn." I tell him he takes my chin is his hand, making me look up at him.

"I know. It's all my fault. Blame me for everything. Blame me for coming here just for you. Blame me for having to practice for the big game on Friday. Blame for fucking punching this paparazzi for calling you a bitch. Blame for everything, Gabriella. I'm at fault." He hisses and gives me a quick and emotionless peck on the lips, before letting go of my chin and getting into the cab.

He drives away without another word. I shake my head in anger and get back inside. If he gave me a good reason, why I should fly back with him, I probably would.