Chapter thirty

Blake's PoV

I run another shaky hand through my hair. Gabriella is so quiet today. I thought we'd actually be okay since we slept in the same bed yesterday. But she's just so moody. I hope that's just her period. I'll just have to be patient.

I keep driving until I get red at the traffic light. I look over at Gabriella. Damn, she so hot. I just don't get why she's still acting like I'm a stranger. I've done a lot for her and she's not even acknowledging it. What is wrong with women? Why must they be so complicated?

I don't know how to tell her that we'll have to fly back today. I don't want to, but coach already gave me a week off for fashion week and I'm already behind. I'm important for our team and we have a game on Friday. That means, I don't even have a whole week to get back in shape for that.

I don't want her to fly alone. God knows what could happen. I know she'd manage alone, but I just feel better, knowing she's with me when we're flying.

The light turns green and I continue driving to this restaurant, her dad told me about. He said that's where he met her mom and I thought it would be romantic to take her there.

"How was the shopping trip?" I ask her, trying to get rid of the tension.
"Exhausting." She answers.
"What did you buy?" I ask her, glancing at her legs. Fuck, I shouldn't have. Now I'm remembering the scene in the morning. The way she danced. Good thing she was mad at me for watching her. She didn't see my hardness.

"Stuff, Blake. Things." I chuckle at her the walking dead quote. Maybe she's not that angry with me after all.
"You watch the walking dead?" I ask her.
"I love it. I'm actually about to finish season 4." She answers.
"Pff. I'm finished with season 5. I could be mean and spoiler right now." I smirk at her.

"Don't you dare." She glares at me.
"I won't, kitten. Don't worry." I shake my head.
"So where are we going?" She asks.
"This restaurant, your dad told me about." I say and she nods. Suddenly my phone starts to ring. I see that it's Cody and put it on speaker.

"Hey. How is it going?" He asks after I told him that he's on speaker and Gabriella is with me.
"Good. How about you?" I answer.
"I'm great. So you're on the way to a restaurant?" He asks.
"Yes." I say.

"Make sure to kiss. I see Twitter tags of you guys's car." He says and I look at Gabriella. She shrugs. How the fuck did they find out that fast?
"Sure." I answer.
"Good. Have fun, love doves." He chuckles and I roll my eyes.

"Bye." I hang up and turn to Gabriella.
"You okay with that?" I ask her. I don't want to force her. I'm pretty sure a kiss on the cheek would be okay too. Although I'm dying to taste her lips again. Shit, since the first kiss with her in Paris, I can't stop imagining what would've happened, if her phone didn't ring.

"Sure. It's part of the act, isn't it?" She shrugs. It makes me angry when she says stuff like that. I know that we'd never be a real couple, because she despises me. But it's pissing me off, that she thinks it doesn't affect me. Like I'm a robot or something.
"Yeah it is. You never fail to remind me." I murmur and grip the steering wheel tight.

The rest of the ride is silent and I think I actually lost my appetite.

Gabriella's PoV

When we arrived at the restaurant, there were already paparazzi. I seriously have no clue how they found out about us being here, we weren't even there. But we'll have to deal with it.

Blake opens my door and helps me out. I nod at him, which he doesn't even notice. He's been acting weird all day. I can't blame him, I'm acting moody too. I just hope I'll get my shit together soon. It is actually annoying me too that I'm pushing him away. Like today in the morning. I'm mad at myself for being so rude to him. He didn't even do anything wrong.

Blake wraps his arms around me, shielding me from the flashes.
"Get the fuck out of the way." I hear him growl.
"Did you knock her up?" I hear the guy ask and gasp. I look at a furious Blake.
"I said, get out of the way."
"Or what? This is a public place. I can be here just as much as you and your little bitch." The guy says and it happened so fast.

Blake let go of me and before I know it, the guy is laying on the ground with a bleeding nose, his broken camera placed next to him. Blake takes my hand again and pulls me back into the car. The flashes are going crazy but no one else dares to get into Blake's way.

"What the fuck was that?!" I yell at him, once we're inside of the car.
"What do you think it was?" He snaps and starts the engine.
"You can't just hit him! He's going to sue you!" I put my seatbelt on.
"I don't care." He shrugs and gets out of the crowded parking lot.

His phone starts ringing and he hisses.
"Fuck. Don't pick up." He orders and I roll my eyes.
"Yes?" I pick up his phone, hearing him groan in the background.
"Tell me Blake didn't punch a paparazzo. Tell me that's photoshopped." An angry Cody tells me.

"All true." I say and hear him sigh.
"Put me on speaker." I put him on speaker.
"Blake?" Cody asks.
"What?" Blake clinches his jaw.
"Tell me why the fuck you punched this guy!" Cody yells and I actually flinch. I've never heard Cody yell.

"He was disrespectful." Blake answers and I roll my eyes. Just because he didn't get out of the way.
"They are all disrespectful. Why now? Didn't I tell you to be careful?!" Cody yells.

"Yes." Blake stops at a red light and puts his head in his hands. I don't like seeing him like that at all. He looks so done with everything.
"He could sue you, for fucks sake!" Cody still yells and Blake sighs in exhaustion, rubbing his face. That's it, I'm done.