Chapter fourty

"You're seriously okay with me leaving you alone? I could ask Heidi if you can come with-"
"No, for God's sake, Gabriella. I'm older than you. I will manage to be alone for a little while. Plus, I still have Percy to play with me." Anne interrupts me, rolling her eyes.

"I know, I'm sorry. I'm just nervous, we've never had an emergency. Plus, you're only the years older than me." I roll my eyes, searching for my lipstick. Heidi called me two minutes ago, interrupting Anne's and my breakfast together. She said it's an emergency and that I should come to her office immediately.

"It'll be fine. Don't worry too much. You look good too, just leave already." Anne laughs.
"I'm glad you're finding my discomfort amusing." I say, applying my lipstick. I think I'm ready to go now.
"Okay, I'm leaving." I say and she laughs again, making me frown.

"I think you forgot something." She breaths out, pointing to my naked legs. I blush and quickly run to my ruin to put some leggings on.
"Can I go like this?" I ask her, showing get my outfit.

"Yes. Have fun and don't worry. Call me if you come home late or something." She opens the front door for me and I nod at her, thankfully. It feels good to know somebody cares.

We say our bye and I quickly park in front of Heidi's office building and frown when a familiar jeep is parking at my usual spot. What is he doing here?

"Finally. Please take a seat." Heidi says, as soon as I opened the door to her office. I look around the room. Cody is standing behind her abs Blake is sitting in front of her desk, next to the seat I'm supposed to sit on.

"What is it?" I ask when I take a seat.
"Cody and I've been talking about you and decided that as long as your stubbornness towards each other doesn't harm our plan, we'll let you do whatever you want." Heidi says and I inwardly sigh. It was already getting a bit annoying.

"So?" I push her and she glares at me, probably not wanting me to interrupt. I roll my eyes and lean back in my seat.
"That was until we read the news magazine today." She showed us the first place of it and there it stood.

Trouble in paradise for the golden couple? I frown and glance at Blake, who doesn't seem half bothered by this. Of course, how stupid of me to think he'd stop his non sense and actually start talking properly again.

"According to the news paper, Gabriella left the interview building angrily. Alone, may I add. The interviewer also told the news paper that he didn't feel the spark between you two." Cody tells us in a stern voice.

"What does he know about the spark between us two?" Blake snorts.
"Nothing. Since it wasn't there." I snap at him and glares at me.
"It was never." He growls and looks even surprised with himself, before covering it up and looking away from me. Not this time.

"You're just too childish to actually understand, Blake." I snap.
"I don't need this, right now." He says and stands up, ready to leave.
"Sit your ass back down, Blake. I swear I'm sick of your attitude." Heidi sneers. Blake clinches his jaw and sits back down.

"Whatever you have going on between you two, it is harming the plan. If you're not able to communicate with each other this instant, we'll hire somebody help you in your relationship." Heidi continues. What the heck?

"Fuck no." Blake frowns and sits up straight again.
"Fuck yes, so start talking. We'll leave the room for an hour. If you only think about leaving, you'll see the consequences." Cody says and I sigh. They both leave the room, and leave me alone with an already upset Blake.

He stands up, after not only five minutes in silence and walks towards the door.
"What are you doing?" I ask.
"What does it look like?" He snaps and I flinch.
"But didn't you hear what Cody says about the consequences?" I stand up as well.
"As if there will be any consequences. You can't be that stupid to actually believe that." He chuckles dryly.

"Fine, leave me. You're good at that anyways." I snap and cross my arms over my chest when he stops mid step.
"What are you waiting for? Go." I say angrily. He turns around with a confused, yet angry face.

"What did you just say?" He steps closer to me, but I stand my ground.
"I said that you're a coward." I sneer, he doesn't stop.
"What are you doing?" I ask when he places his hands on my waist, searching my face for something I don't even know, with a concerned look on his face.

"I'm not leaving you, Gabriella. You're the one not wanting me around." He says in a sharp tone.
"How do you know that? It's not that I tell you to leave, whenever you're talking to me, which isn't very often." I frown at him.

"You don't even have to say it. You give me that vibe. You don't like me, remember?" He growls, tightening his grip on my hips.
"What do you know about my feelings? Are you a mentalist now?" I say angrily. If he'd be, he knew that I need him. I don't like to admit it, but I think I'm falling for him.

"Then tell me, Gabriella. Tell me your feelings towards me." He pulls nine closer to his body, so that he can close his hands on my back.
"You're the one who knows them already. You tell me." I let my left hand travel up his macular arm, feeling him take in a sharp breath. I let it rest on his shoulder.

He frowns at me, hopefully trying to figure out my feelings. I give him my best fucking-get-it-in-your-head-look and he gulps. If possible he pulls me even closer and I place my right hand on his cheek. He leans into my touch and closes his eyes.

When he opens his eyes again, they are searching my face for the second time today. I think he finally caught up, when a huge grin starts to form in his face. He kisses my palm and I smile up at him. With the have that's currently on his cheek, I pull him towards me, making the first move.

He plants his lips on mine and I'm gone again. He smiles into the kiss, making me feel so happy.
"I'll not leaving you." He whispers against my mouth and I let his tongue explore my mouth.