Chapter thirty eight

Blake's team won. That's all I got from the game. And not because I knew who was who, but because I saw how happy Blake was and the way he hugged his team mates. I felt proud of him in that moment. I saw him running a lot and I think the commentator said stuff about touch downs and all, but again I need to look through the rules of that game.

I also had time to talk to the woman next to me. She's the wife of one of Blake's team mates. She tried to explain the game to me, but I didn't really listen. I just nodded once in a while and kept my mouth shut.

But I accepted Blake's advice, when he said I should watch him play. I did and still felt boring as hell. Let's hope he doesn't expect me to be there every time he has a game. I smile at my tv and snuggle into my huge blanket. After the game, I told Heidi that I had to take care of Percy. I didn't get a chance to talk to Blake again and I'm not saying I'm happy about it, but just know that I have no idea how to behave around him anymore.

He's so confusing. Weren't we just in an argument yesterday? And today we dry humped each other during the break. Okay, maybe we didn't really dry hump each other but it was intense.

I hear Percy bark in the hallway and frown. What is it? I stand up, pushing the blanket away from me and join Percy in front of my front door. I shake my head at him and pick him up. Suddenly the doorbell rings and I jump. Maybe Percy could be a great guard. I mean he definitely shows potential.

"Blake? Wha-what are you doing here?" I ask when I open my door. For the second time in a row, Blake is standing in front of me on my house porch. His hair is styled and perfectly fixed on his head, whilst his clothes are sweatpants and a tight t-shirt. I inwardly drool.

"Can I come in?" He asks me and I nod and let him in. He closes the door behind him and I let Percy down. He runs over to Blake and crashes against his leg, making Blake chuckle and bend down to pet him.
"Uh, so want something to drink?" I ask him, awkwardly.

"Uh no, thank you." He clears his throat and I nod.
"So, why are you here?" I ask him. I may sound a bit rude, but Blake doesn't seem to mind.
"I wanted to talk to you." He says and straightens his back again and walks past me into the living room. I follow him.

"Yeah, make yourself comfortable." I say sarcastically and he chuckles and sits down on the couch. I sit down next to him, facing his body and watching his every move. He turns to me with a small smile.

"So...how did you like the game? It was pretty close, but we made it." He asks me and I nod before answering.
"Well, considering the fact that I don't know anything about football, it was nice." I say, playing with the hem of my shirt.
He nods and licks his lips, his eyes flickering to my lips, before he looks me in the eyes again.

"Listen, I came here to tell you that I don't want to keep fighting with you. I meant what I said, I'm sick of arguing about everything. I made mistakes, you made mistakes and we should get over them. For the sake of our careers." He takes my hand in his, playing with my fingers.

"You're right. I'm tired of fighting too. I think we both got way too caught up in the game. It's for the public eye in the end. And as long as there are no cameras involved, we should move on with our real lives." I say, locking eyes with him. He locks his jaw tight.

"What do you mean with 'move on with our lives'?" He asks, dropping my hand. Uh oh.
"Well, we don't have to be involved with each other behind the cameras. It's all show after all." I frown at his angry expression.

"I know it's for show, god damn it. But- I thought we were at least friends, if not more." He stands up and looks down at me with his arms crossed over his chest.
"We can't even talk to each other without arguing. I wouldn't consider us friends." I shake my head at him.
"I mean, look at you. You're already angry at me. And this time, I really don't know why." I tell him and he runs an exhausted hand through his hair.

"I know, I'm sorry. I just don't get why you want nothing to do with me. I mean, tell me, am I that bad of a guy that you can't stand being anywhere near me?" He snaps, throwing his hands in the air.

"Blake-" I stand up in front of him.
"You act like it doesn't hurt me, when you act like I'm disgusting you. You may think that I'm a pig, but I have a heart too." He growls. Oh my god. I frown him. I didn't know he thought like this. Maybe I really am acting a bit careless around him. I mean, I really don't know him that much but yet I judged him.

My lack of answer seems to frustrate him even more and he shakes his head, turning around.
"Blake-"
"It's okay. It's a show after all." He throws my words right back at me and I actually get why it hurts him, despite the sharp tone in his voice.

He turns back to face me again.
"All those nights we spent together. All those kisses we shared and laughters, were all show for you, right?" He snaps and without waiting for my answer, he storms out of my house.

I try to catch up with him, but he's already in his car, driving away. I watch him leave, just attracting on my porch.
No. No, they weren't.