Chapter nine

"No 'thank you, Blake'?" I hear Darmetir laugh after I shut the door of his car. I turn around and give him the bird. He laughs loudly and I bite my cheeks from smiling. He has a cute laugh. Shut up, brain.

We reached my house in under ten minutes. He gave me back my purse before I stepped out. During the ride, he was being extra flirty. He kept on telling me bad pick up lines and I almost jumped out.

"I'll let the dress be shifted at your house. See you tonight, kitten." He yells. Wait what? What is tonight? Before I could ask him, he drives off. Gosh, this boy.

I unlock my door and step in. Before I could even make a step, I hear Heidi.
"Gaby, is that you?" I jump at that. She has a key but she never used it before.
"Hey." I approach her in the kitchen, completely forgetting my outfit.

She starts choking when she takes me in and I quickly rush over to her and slap her back.
"What are you wearing? Don't tell me you-"
"No! No. Oh god. I just slept there in another room. I didn't want to sleep in my dress, so I borrowed his shirt." I say. It's not really considered a lie, right?

"Oh god. For a moment I thought you'd...never mind. It's actually quite cute. I mean, you've done a great job yesterday. The magazine's are all about you guys. I'd say you really deserve your surprise." She finishes.

Oh god, the surprise. I already forgot about that.
"Tell me." I sit down next to her on the kitchen counter.
"Alright, alright. You, my dear, are going to the Paris fashion week." She tells me and I think I died and came back to life. Did she really just say that?

"Are you serious?! Oh my god!" I shriek and jump up and down like a little child.
"But that's not it, hun. You are not going to be there as a guest. You are one of the models there." She explains and I shriek even more while running around the counter.

"I love you! I love you! I love you!" I hug her and she chuckles.
I can't believe it. My dream. Since I started modelling I dreamed of being a model in the fashion week. Nobody can take my excitement right now. Not even Heidi's next sentence.

"We're flying there tonight. Blake is going to be there too. He'll be opening the event with other male models, after that he'll be the front row, supporting his date. We are flying together." She tells me and I stop jumping.
"Uh, sure. But isn't he a football player? Like the most famous one right now? Why is he a model anyways?" I ask her.

"Well, Cody has a lot of connections in the model scene and let's him model once in a while. Have you not seen how hot he is? Plus, he doesn't seem to mind." She shrugs and I nod.
"Okay. I'll just take a shower. I feel gross." I tell her and walk upstairs.

~~~

After the shower I put Darmetir's shirt into the washing machine and decided to give it to him tonight. I still can't believe I'm going to Paris. My hands are still shaking when I put my comfy clothes on.

Since Paris is pretty far away, I figured we'll fly very long. And I won't sit in a fight with a Jean and a tight t-shirt. So I decided to go with a pair of grey sweatpants and a big jumper.

"What am I supposed to pack?" I ask Heidi when I see her sitting on the couch with a magazine in her hands. I notice a picture of me and Darmetir at the front.
"Oh god, we're at the front page?" I ask excitedly and take it out of her hands.

"I told you, you did an amazing job. They already ship you. I've also seen tweets about you guys. You're the trending world wide." She chuckles whilst I flip the pages to read about us.

Football player and number one voted male sport artist, Blake Darmetir, surprised us with his date, the beautiful number one model, Gabriella Duncan.

Rumour has it that miss Duncan and mister Darmetir didn't only leave the gala together, but also slept in the same house.

I frown at this, before continuing.

Unfortunately, both of them did not answer to any of the questions the reporters threw at them on the golden carpet. So we do not have any other proof than the rumour, that there's something going on. The small kiss on the cheek was also quite interesting, right?

In the actual event, the two sat side by side and also shared a dance. There's definitely something going on between those two, and we'll be the ones who find out and tell you.

I sigh after reading the article. I didn't know it was that big of a deal. I should call my mom, before she gets the wrong ideas.

"Isn't it amazing? I love it." Heidi says and I nod.
"Back to my question. What should I pack?"

"Don't worry. I already packed your clothes. I mean your choice of dress yesterday was amazing, but I don't trust you with normal clothes. You are representing the label whenever you leave the house, I won't take any risks. So your suitcase us already packed and at the airport. We are driving with Blake's jet." She finishes and my eyes widen. That guy has a private jet?

"Alright. So you liked the dress?" I smile at her. I love talking about clothes with Heidi. When I was younger, Mercedes and I cut out dresses and clothes that we liked out of magazines and glued them on the wall. Mercedes' dream is it to become a designer and I'll definitely help her out on that one.

"Are you kidding? I loved it. Everybody did. How much did you pay?" She asks and I look down ashamed.
"You know, I'll pay you back. I mean, I'm the manager. You needed the dress for your job." She assures me.

"Oh, I didn't buy it anyways. Darmetir paid." I tell her and she starts smirking.
"What?" I frown and she shrugs.
"Nothing. So how much?"

"300.000." I whisper.
"Come again?"
"300.000$." I say loudly.
"Holy cow." She exclaims.

"I know, right? I told him no, but he wouldn't listen. Please pay him back. I don't want to owe him anything." I say and she laughs.
"I bet even if I wanted to, he wouldn't let me pay for it." She smiles at me. I groan and mutter something under my breath.

"Oh god!" She suddenly yells and I jump.
"What?"
"You're a little gold digger." She laughs and I groan and slap her shoulder. I certainly feel like one.