Chapter fourteen

After talking and laughing with Heidi and Cody, I decided to go to sleep, since I have a show tomorrow. Gosh, I can't wait.

I unlock the door to my suit and get in. Good thing we have two keys. I sigh and frown at the darkness. Is he already asleep?
"Darmetir?" I whisper. I don't know why. Probably because I wouldn't want to wake him up.

"What?" He snaps and I jump at his voice. I actually thought he'd be asleep by now. I turn the lights on. He's sitting on the couch with his phone in his hands.

"I thought you were tired." I ask and get into the bathroom to wash my make up off.
"I am. I just couldn't sleep, that's all." He answers.
"Uhu." I say and get back into the living area.

"You're sleeping here, right?" I ask him and he shrugs, his leg shaking. What is wrong with him?
"I guess."
"Okay. Then good night." I say.
"Yeah." He answers and I roll my eyes.

"Okay, what are you doing?" I ask and sit down next to him.
"What do you mean?" He looks at me, his leg still shaking. I frown at him and he looks away. Is he crying?
"Are you crying?" I ask him and he shakes his head.
"No. Go to sleep." He stands up and moves away from me.

"Look at me." I follow him into the bedroom. He shakes his head.
"Darmetir." I get closer to him and he moves away. What the fuck?
"Darmetir, get back here." I order and he moves away again.
"Blake!" He stops and I take the chance to finally get a hold of his shirt and turn him around.

"What do you want from me?" He growls. His eyes are wet, just like his cheeks.
"Why are you crying?" I push him down on the bed and sit down next to him. His leg starts shaking again and I secretly roll my eyes.

"None of your business." He stands up again. I groan.
"Come on. You're my fake boyfriend, you are my business." I say and he chuckles.
"Don't worry, kitten." He smiles at me and it's breaking my heart.

"But I do."
"Are you warming up to me?" He asks and sits down next to me. It seems like we're making process.
"Let's not jump to conclusions here." I joke and he smiles at me.
"But seriously, Blake. What's wrong?" He frowns at me.
"What?" I frown back.

"Why does it feel so rare when my name comes out of your mouth?" He asks.
"Maybe because it is?" I shrug and he nods and bites his lip.
He looks down again, his leg starts to shake again until I lay my hand on it.

"Come on. Tell me." I push him, making him look at me again.
"It really doesn't have anything to do with you. It's stupid actually." He forces a laugh.
"Just get it over with then."

"He died. My grandpa. I mean, 6 years ago. Today was the day he stopped breathing." He shrugs and looks into the distance. Oh my god. Damn my curiosity. I have no idea how to react to that. So I rub his back.
"There, there." I awkwardly say.

He chuckles and shakes his head.
"You're worse than my father when it comes to feelings." He tells me.
"I'm sorry. I've never done this before." I admit.
"No shit." He jokes and I slap him.
"Hey, I'm crying. You can't slap me." He pouts.

"I can slap you, when you're being rude. But seriously, I don't really know what to say now, since I'm, you know, uptight and all. But I respect you for staying true to your feelings. You can cry as much as you want to, because he was your grandpa. And if you want to, I could leave you alone and maybe sleep in Heidi's room." I say and he shakes his head and takes my hand in his.

"Don't go. Being alone is the worst thing right now. Please don't leave." He pleads and I nod.
He lays down on the bed and pats the space next to him.
"Seriously?" I ask him and he gives me a blank look.
"I just want to talk. Trust me, I've changed in those 4 years." He says and I frown. So he does remember me.

"I thought you didn't remember me." I say and he groans.
"Come here, kitten. I feel like cuddling and telling stories. It's a rare moment for me. So hurry up and get your ass in bed." He orders and I snicker before turning the lights off and laying down next to him. He pulls me towards him and I lay my head on his chest, while his arm is wrapped around my waist. How did that happen?

"I remembered you the first second I opened the door, are you kidding? You were the first one who didn't want to sleep with me." He whispers into the dark.
"A little cocky." I state.
"Always." He chuckles.

"Tell me about him." I say and his arm around me tightens. I place my hand on his abs and draw small circles with my finger. His breath hitches and he groans. His other hand finds the one that is currently drawing on his abs and intertwines our fingers.

"He was amazing." He says after a while.
"He couldn't leave the house, because he couldn't walk. Although my parents and grandma tried everything to help him, he didn't want it. He was happy with just staying in his room and watching tv. When my siblings and I visited, he couldn't have been any happier. We always talked about football. And he was also the reason why I am who I am. He was simply amazing. He always believed in me." He whispers.

I squeeze his hand and he squeezes mine back.
"I'm sorry." I say.
"It's okay. I just miss him, you know." He asks and I nod on his chest.
"Can I ask you something?" He asks after a second of silence.
"Shoot."

"Why are you so...uh...-"
"Uptight?" I chuckle.