Chapter twenty

"Wake up, beautiful." I feel somebody shake me and groan in my sleep.
"Five more minutes." I murmur into the pillow.

"Come on, Gabriella. You're going to miss the show." I jerk up at that, knowing that when Blake calls me by my name, it's serious. But then I remember something and lay back down.

"Today is Thursday, right?" I ask.
"Yes." He says.
"It's my day off, Blake. Now let me sleep." I groan.

"Oh shit. Sorry, I forgot. Are we gonna meet afterwards at the restaurant?" I hear him sit down on the chair next to the bed and put his shoes on.
"I don't think so. Me and Anne are having a ladies day, which includes an evening at the club." I open my eyes to look at him.

"You're going out today?" He frowns at me. I nod.
"But-but what about friday? I mean you're finishing the show tomorrow. If you're out today then-"
"I won't drink a lot. I know my limits, don't worry." I interrupt him.

"But what will the media think about you being in a club?" He reasons.
"I don't really care." I shrug.
"I don't like this, Gabriella." He sighs and I frown and sit up, seeing him shirtless.
"What do you mean, you don't like this?" I ask him and he glares at me.

"I don't like you going out and dancing with men and drinking and all that stuff." He says.
"I just said, I won't drink. And do I look like some slut to you? I have no intentions on dancing with any guy there." I glare back at him. Are we having our first argument after two days of friendship?

"I still don't want you to go." He says and stands up.
"So just because you don't like it, you expect me not to go and miss some fun with my friends? I don't think so." I let out a dry laugh.

"Oh I do think so. And I say you're not going, end of the discussion." He leaves the room.
"Are you kidding me? I am definitely going. Who are you to tell me that?" I stand up to follow him into the bathroom.

"You're not and I am your 'fake' boyfriend, that's who I am. And I'm not letting you club in a foreign country only with another girl. You know how disgusting men can get." He growls, anger evident in his tone.

"You must know." I sneer back.
"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?" He glares at me.
"You know exactly what I mean. You're exactly that kind of man." I answer.
"You don't even know me." He shakes his head.
"Oh I do." I place my hand on my hips.

"You're not going." He says, ignoring my statement and getting out of the bathroom after washing his face. His hair is still short and so fucking attractive.
"I am." I follow him into the hallway.
"I dare you." He pulls his shirt on and locks eyes with me.

He's giving me a challenging look, which I return back.
"Oh watch me." I say and go back into the bedroom. He follows me angrily. I lock the door after I quickly get in.
"I swear, Gabriella. Open up!" He pounds on the door.

"No." I yell and frustratingly kick the door.
"Fine. Be that way!" He roars and minutes afterwards I hear the front door slam shut. I wait for a while, before getting out. He's gone. What the fuck was that? Why wouldn't he want me to go clubbing. He's not my boyfriend for Pete's sake!

I'm definitely going today. I know my limits and at least I'm not alone. Who does he think he is? I quickly ask Anne if it's still on and seconds later she replies with a 'fuck yeah!'. I laugh and put some decent clothes one.

~~~

"Hey." I greet Heidi when I sit down next to her after getting some breakfast on my plate.
"Hey. There you are. I have to tell you something." She looks at me with guilt in her eyes. Ohoh.

"What is it?" I frown at her.
"I talked to Blake and he made me realize that you going to that club tonight is not a good idea after all." My mouth opens. What the actual fudge?

"You're kidding right? Why wouldn't it be a good idea?" I exclaim.
"Well, first of all, you have a reputation, that will not be ruined just because you want to have fun with your friend. Secondly, you have a show the next day, so it might physically affect you." She counts.

"You are not serious about that right? Blake just doesn't want me to go. You know I drink responsible. You also know, I wouldn't do anything that could ruin my career." I scoff.
"I know, but-"

"No buts. I want you to trust me on that one. You said I've done good this week. I deserve this ladies night with Anne. Plus, she knows this city like her own. Just have some trust in me and screw Blake's opinion." I plead. She bites her upper lip. Something she does, when she's thinking.

"Okay. But I trust you to get home before midnight. Friday is important. It's the end of the show and you need to be prepared." She finishes. Yasssss!
"Thank you, thank you, thank you." I reach over the table and hug her tightly.

"Alright. You should eat now." She chuckles and I smile.
"Okay, mom." I roll my eyes.
"You know what, how about before ten?" She says and my eyes widen.
"Oh no. I didn't say anything. You're way to beautiful and young looking to be a mom. You could be my sister. Hell, you could even be my daughter." I quickly say.

"Shut up and eat. Oh and I'll send somebody to pick you up at midnight. Just text me the address when you're there. I don't want to risk you being kidnapped or something. And then I'd have to pay to get your stubborn ass back." She jokes.

"Yeah, sure. Whatever." I roll my eyes and start eating.