Chapter thirty six

"Where are you? Blake's game is in less than half an hour. Tell me you're already on your way." Heidi tells me through the phone. Oh shit. I totally forgot about the game. Actually, I don't think I should go. I really doubt that he wants me there either.

"I'm-uh-yeah. See, the thing is-"
"You forgot about it, didn't you?" She interrupts my stuttering.
"Kind of." I admit. I'm currently sitting on the couch, cuddling with Percy while watching the new empire episode.

"How the hell could you forget his game? He's your fake boyfriend for Pete's sake!" She exclaims.
"So? Plus we had a fight yesterday and I don't think he wants me there either." I tell her.

"I don't care. For the media, you're a happy couple. now, get your ass here. I'll send you a chauffeur this instant." She says and before I can answer, she hangs up. She's upset with me and I totally get it. But Blake needs to get his shit together. I mean, he just left me yesterday. I had to go trough paparazzi on my own.

"Stupid Blake." I frown and Percy barks, which makes me laugh. It sounded like he either agrees with me or the opposite. Anyway, it's funny. I sigh when I force myself to stand up and get into the bathroom to get some make up on and do hair.

It's noon and I haven't heard anything from Blake. I really did forget about the game. I guess I was too busy being angry at him, for leaving me. Maybe, just maybe I was a bit harsh to him, seeing how bad his mood was. But I'm a person who likes to be right. As you probably figured.

After half an hour I'm standing in front of my mirror. I don't know what to wear. I've never been to a football game. I never really cared about football. And now that I think about it, maybe I should have looked through some rules before this. I seriously only know that when you play football, you have muscles. And that's just plain stupid.

Suddenly the doorbell rings and I'm pushed out of my thoughts. I'm not ready yet, shit. I quickly get downstairs again and open my door to see a familiar face.
"Mike. Come in." I greet him, smiling. He gets in after nodding with a huge grin on his face. He's actually a handsome old man.

"I heard you forgot your boyfriend important game." He smiles. I roll my eyes, but smile when Percy runs against his leg.
"My fake boyfriend, Mike. Anyways, I need your help with my outfit. What do people wear to football games of their boyfriend?" I ask him, after scooping Percy up in arms.

"Well, dress casual. It's not like you're going to a fancy dinner. How about black pants and his jersey?" He asked. His what?
"His jersey?" I ask in disbelief.
He laughs and motions me to follow him the car.

"Heidi told me to pick you up. I actually drove her to the game. On my way to the car, Blake gave me this. He said, you won't wear it anyways, but I should try to remind you of the deal." He hands me over Blake's jersey. It is red and white. On the back is his name and the number 62. It actually smells like him. Seeing Mike's eyes still on me, I hold myself back from sniffing it.

"Thank you, Mike. Let's go then." I tell him when I pull the jersey over my tank top. Good think I'm already wearing black leggings. I look at the front of the shirt. Oh my god! I don't even know what team he plays in. I look at Mike while he brings the car to life.

Without even looking at me, he chuckles.
"The San diego shooters." He laughs slightly, shaking his head.
"I knew that." I pout, crossing my and over my chest.
"I know." He holds back his laugh and I roll my eyes. Pfft.

~~~

We arrived pretty late. They were already playing when I came in. The commentator didn't miss that and made sure to point out that Darmetir's girlfriend was here to support him with his jersey on. No shit, Sherlock.

"You missed the first thirty minutes. The team is falling behind already. Blake doesn't seem too pleased about that." Heidi says, when I settle down next to her. On her other side is Mike and I'm sitting next to some woman, who is looking at me with a tight smile. I smile back at her, before turning to Heidi.

"I'm sorry, okay. You could've told me yesterday." I shrug.
"I did. Jesus, you're really not fond of him, huh? What happened now?" She rolls her eyes when she asks the last part.
"He just left me at the restaurant. I had to go trough the paparazzi myself and if I wouldn't have reached you, I would've waited a long time to get a cab." I tell her.

"Good thing, I was reachable yesterday, huh?" She nudges me playfully and I give her the are-you-serious-look.
"But anyways. Why did he leave? What did you do now?" She clears her throat.
"Why do you think I did something wrong?" I growl at her.

"Well, tell me what the argument you guys had, was about. I'll tell you if it's something you did." She tells me and I tell her what happened. After I did, she sighs and shakes her head.
"What?" I ask.

"Sometimes you're just too oblivious." She tells me.
"How so?" I ask her, when I hear a loud buzz. I look around and see people standing up from their seats. What is happening?
"Well, just try to understand. He tried to put up with you, although he's been having a really bad day. Cody told me that he burned his arm. Then he crashed his car and then his coach let him do extra stuff for coming too late." She says. He did what?

"But he didn't have to let it out on me." I groan. Now, she's kind of right. He really did have a bad day. And I probably just made it worse.
"Well. You didn't really make it easier for him." She says when I hear my phone buzz.

Come to my locker -Blake