Chapter three

I rang twice now and nobody opened up. Should I just leave? I mean it's obvious he didn't hear me. No wonder in this big castle. I turn around to look at Mike, who shrugs and motions me to try it again.

I sigh and ring the bell again. All good things are three, right? I wait five minutes, but there's still no sign of any life in his mansion. Annoyed, I turn around and make my way towards the car again.

Well, at least it wasn't my fault. I'll tell Heidi, he didn't open up. Maybe I'll still get the surprise, huh? Maybe not, since I haven't done my job. Perfect, just another reason to dislike Darmetir. Just when I'm about to open the car door, I hear the door being opened rather loudly.

"What is it?" I hear a tired voice ask and turn around. And there he is. The man of the day. The first hot guy, I can't stand. Blake Darmetir in all his glory. I grit my teeth at him and step forward.

"Why are you not dressed yet?" I ask when I realize that he's indeed still in his sleeping attire. He frowns at me for a little too long, before clearing his throat.
"What the fuck? Who are you?!" He doesn't remember me. I didn't expect him to, yet I feel disappointed.

"I am Gabriella Duncan. I will be your date for tonight. My manager and-"
"Date, huh? Didn't know he'd buy me a model." The guy has the nerve to interrupt me.

"He did not 'buy' me, Darmetir. My manager and your manager made a little deal, which involves us two on this gala with a date." I glare at the smirking devil in front of me. Ignoring the fact that he either knows my name as a model, or just tried to make me a compliment. Either way, it's irrelevant.

"And why are you here so early, kitten?" His smirk grows wider. Damn his hot looks.
"Don't call me that." I sneer, before answering.
"Seeing you don't have a suit for today and I don't have a dress either, I am sent to go shopping with you and find the perfect clothes." I cross my arms over my chest. I smirk when his smirk falls.

"Shopping? With you?" He looks at me strangely before turning around and yelling: "CODY!"
He steps aside and lets me in. After turning around and shooting Mike a nervous look, I step into the mansion and gulp when he closes the door after me.

The moment I walk in, my mouth falls open. I did not expect that. The walls are golden and harmonise perfectly with the floor and furniture that is placed in this room. It looks beautiful. I'm at the edge of asking him who his interior designer was, but keep my mouth shut. It does not seem like the right time to ask him that.

"Close your mouth before I get the wrong ideas, babe." He smirks, knowing that I silently fell in love with his mansion. I glare at him in return. He seems shocked for a second, before glaring back. Probably irritated with my behaviour, he blinks again and focuses his gaze on the staircase. Odd.

That's right. Not all of us are into you, Darmetir.
We hear loud footsteps upstairs. Or at least I think they are coming from upstairs. Who knows? This house is so big, they could come from the basement.

"I'm here. I'm up." The person must have seen Darmetir standing there, but not me, since I'm shielded from him.
"Shit. Blake, get dressed. Miss-" He stops talking, once he sees me standing around the corner. His eyes go wide and if we were animals he'd be the lowest in the food chain, right now. Although, I'd probably eat Darmetir first, just for the lolz.

"Miss Duncan. I- I am so sorry. We overslept and it was-" He gets interrupted by a very seductive voice.
"Baby, come back to bed!" The woman yells and his eyes widen even more. I instantly roll my eyes and when he's about to speak again, I hold up my hand.

"I did not come here to see or judge your lifestyle. There's no need for apologising. Seeing that you are obviously not ready yet, I will wait in the car. Don't make me wait longer than ten minutes or I'll tell my manager to cancel the deal." And without waiting for an answer I turn around and leave. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how you show who the boss is.

Minutes passed and I actually considered telling Mike to just bring me back home, when the devil and his manager decided to finally get out of the house. Before I could be relieved, the guys start talking. Seriously....

My eyes went wide when I saw that they are saying good bye to each other and his manager goes back inside. Darmetir meets my gaze and smiles at me. Oh how I wished I could just wipe that face off and he'd suddenly be ugly.

"That wouldn't be nice." Mike says from next to me. I jump a little bit at his voice. To be honest, I forgot about him for a second.
"What?" I ask, just when the backdoor opens and Darmetir steps in.

"What you just said, wasn't nice." He chuckles and my mouth opens.
"I said that out loud?" I whisper and he nods, whilst Darmetir clears his throat.
"Are you going to drive anytime soon?" He asks rudely. Who does he think he is? Talking like this to Mike.

"Excuse me, but that's not a way to talk to Mike." I glare at him.
"Why are you even sitting in the front and not in the back? I thought he'd be the chauffeur." He says, completely ignoring my statement.

"Because I like to. Now be quiet, the adults have to discuss something." I sneer and turn back to Mike. I hear him mutter something in the backseat but I don't care.

"Did Heidi tell you where to?" I ask him and he nods, probably not trusting his mouth because he seems on the edge of laughing his ass off.
"Fine, let's go." I say and he nods again and drives off.

Good luck, Gaby...

AN: I know Gaby seems really arrogant in this chapter but you have to know that she really despises him. She thinks he's a pig and has only sex in his mind. She turns nicer, though.