Chapter twenty seven

"You don't yell at me." She sneers and steps closer. I gulp and take a step back.
"Gabriella. You blew the deal off." I state.
"I know. But then my mom called and I can't just tell her what we're actually doing." She admits.

I take a step closer to her but she's already in guard mode.
"However, have fun now." She says and I groan. I grip her shirt and pull her onto my chest. She struggles under my hold but I manage to not let her go.

"I didn't have sex with her." I say. Silence follows.
"Why should I care?" She asks after a while and I frown. Yeah, why should she?
"I don't know. Because you said I'm a pig." I say.
"You are a pig."
"I know." I let her go. I'm actually pissed at myself right now.

"Wait. How did you get in?" I ask. I hear somebody clear their throat from behind me and look at Cody. What the fuck?! I didn't even notice him.
"You told me you were at a meeting." I say.

"I was. But then Heidi told me, that Gaby is in it again. And you weren't reachable. So I came here at the same time as her." He reasons. Wait, she's in it again?

"I thought you blew it off?" I turn to her, totally confused now.
"I did. But I told you about my mom." She shrugs.
"Oh." I scratch my neck awkwardly.
"Wait." I say when I see Gabriella turning around again.
"What?"

"Give me ten minutes and I'll be at the car. We're taking my jet." I say and before she's able to say something, I turn around.

Gabriella's PoV

I hate him. Disgusting pig, that's what he is. He's silently driving us to the airport, humming a familiar song. I'm sitting next to him with my arms across my chest. I can't believe he did that. I don't know what he did exactly but it's pissing me off.

"I told you we didn't do anything. So why are you pissed?" Blake asks. To be honest I don't know either, buddy.
"Just drive." I snap.
"Why does it feel like we're actually married?" He murmurs.

"Cute how you think somebody would ever marry you." I snort.
"At least I'm not uptight." He growls.
"Yeah right. You're very open in anything. You're a manwhore." I say.

"I'm not." He grips the wheel tighter.
"You are worse than a prostitute. You don't even take money." I smirk at him.
"You done?" He asks. I nod and look out the window.
"I'm sorry for yesterday." He says. I frown at him.

"For snapping." He continues.
"I guess I was just tired." He reasons and I nod.
"You're still mad?" He asks and I nod. It doesn't help that I got my period today.

~~~

People already ship the golden couple. Just yesterday-
I skip that part of the magazine about Blake and me. It seems like a week or something since fashion week, but it was just yesterday. I look over at Blake, seated next to me on the jet. He's sleeping and I can't blame him. We're already in the air for what seems like eternity.

I yawn and lay my head on the wall. I don't know why I can't forgive him for that. It just feels like he betrayed me. I mean, I'm not his real girlfriend, but still.

"Wake up." Someone shakes me.
I open my eyes and jump at the closeness of my fake boyfriend's face.
"We're here." He says and I nod.
"There are already paparazzi out there. Don't ask me why or how. Just know that." He says and I nod again.

"Come on." He sighs. I understand that he's getting frustrated with me right now. I'm always frustrating when I'm on my period. I'm not even talking to him. Why am I not talking to him?

He takes my hand and leads me into the chilli air of Minnesota and to the car. I hear photos being taken and roll my eyes. How did they find out about this?

I tell the chauffeur my parent's address and off we go. I silently groan when I feel a cramp in my stomach.
I feel Blake looking at me, but don't dare saying something.
"A-uh a friend of mine lived here." He shyly states. I nod at him. Oh my god, he's so cute right now.

He sighs and looks out of the window. He's trying to make conversation.
"I actually didn't want to live in California first, because of the weather." I tell him and he looks at me with big eyes, before smiling.

"I wouldn't either. Minnesota is something for people who love the cold. And then California with the complete opposite." He says and I nod.
"I'm from Utah. It's quite balanced there." He says.
"Oh, I've heard about Utah before. Never been there, though." I say.
"Maybe I'll bring you once. I started my first football career there." He says proudly.

I smile at him and he smiles back at me. We keep our conversation up until we arrive at my parent's house. As expected the lights are all on. It's around 4 p.m. and I seriously only want to sleep.
I yawn when I get out. Darmetir pays the chauffeur and gets our luggage out as well.

"I got it." He says when I reach for my suitcase. I nod and lead us towards the front door. Before I can actually ring the doorbell, the door opens and I'm embraced in a big hug.

"I missed you so much!" Mercedes tells me.
"I missed you too." I chuckle.
"Mercedes, let them in." I hear my mom yell from inside and laugh. Mercedes rolls her eyes but lets us in.

"Hello, you must be Blake." My stepdad shakes Blake's hand after he put the suitcases down.
"Yes, sir. Nice to meet you." He shakes it back.
"Manners...I like him." My stepdad says and I shake my head at him, before hugging him.

"I'm Maria, Gabriella's mother." My mom shakes Darmetir's hand as well. He smiles politely at her.
"I'm Blake. Nice to meet you." He says. I turn to Mercedes, who looks at me expectantly.
"And this is Mercedes, my little sister." I introduce him.

"I'm still Blake. Nice to meet you." He jokes and my parents and sister laugh. I roll my eyes at him when he smirks at me.

My mom opens her mouth to say something else but I cut her off.
"We'll just take a nap. The flight was quite long." I say and quickly get up the stairs to my room. I hear Blake chuckling and follow me.