23. The Most Unnerving fact

Dedicated to cutemonu for all the votes and lovely comments! They really get me fired up to write the next chapter! Thanks sweetie! Hope this chapter makes you happy :)

A huge shoutout to bond999 for always making me laugh out loud with your comments. They make my day! Wish you a very happy belated birthday and an amazing year ahead!

This chapter is unedited so please excuse the grammatical errors.

___

Suzzanah's POV

Somewhere deep, deep, deep inside of me, I knew...I already knew the answer to this question that had haunted me day and night for the past several days. But I never accepted it. Some part of me kept hanging on to the natural, the logical, the rational. I didn't want to believe that it was possible for a human to be anything but. Especially not an animal!

The Alpha is the wolf...

The wolf had been there in the forest with me, and had not seen the hologram, and the wolf was the Alpha, so the Alpha, having been there, and not having seen the blue-green eyed apparition was a BIG deal!

Oh my god, oh my god, oh my GOD!

It all fit in perfectly and there was no escaping the truth now.

The Alpha is the wolf...

Earlier I didn't want to accept that I had stumbled into the supernatural, into a world that wasn't supposed to exist. Because if I did accept it, then I'd also have to face the implications it had towards me, towards my life, or even lack thereof.

The Alpha is the wolf...

I was working for someone who wasn't human, someone who possessed the ability to change into a large, dark, powerful animal, someone who defied the natural and opened the gates to an unknown realm. A realm I didn't know whether humans were allowed into...or could survive in.

But now that I had no choice but to accept it all- the irrational, impossible and the completely bizzare- what should I do?...what should I do next?...

My hands flew to my mouth muffling the loud shocked gasp that escaped my lips as the grave realization of my circumstances sank deep into my body and mind. But unfortunately I didn't fail to catch the attention of the two bickering Alphas who now directed their questioning eyes at me, the same eyes that up until a minute ago had been as non-threatening as any human organ can be, but now...now they possessed the ability to chill me down to the bone and deep to the soul.

"See, even the Lu- I mean Ms. Winters finds the car breathtaking", Master Marco beamed at me.

Lu- Luna... I knew now.

But the meaning behind the word...was it still the same or hand it changed somehow?

The Mate of an Alpha...

And the Alpha is the wolf!

In my disturbed line of thought I had missed most of what Master Marco had been saying and only caught the last line, "Let's not waste any more time and be off", he said and walked to the limo.

Breathing a sigh of exasperation Alpha Zuerien looked back at me and my body went stiff as my heart rate sped up. And for the very first time, it was not because of the intense look in his eyes, the charm in his stance or the proximity of his presence. No, this time it was due to one untainted emotion - fear.

Wordlessly he placed a hand on my lower back again, inducing the same pleasurable tingles as he always did, but this time they did nothing to numb my frenzied panicked thoughts. With minimum pressure on my back, he ushered me to the limousine and I wondered how it was possible for a man who was half animal to possess such a gentle touch.